~4~ Four Boys

The third day of five for the last week of school. Last night, Police went to my house but my father wasn't found. Faith called the cops as I heard. While I hid in some abandoned tree house a kid made nearby the school but never used. It's not too close to the school nor is it too far. I took my guitar that I keep at the school since it's my instrument and brought it to this treehouse. To stay warm, I used the remains of my money to buy pillows and blankets and made a bed out of it inside my sleeping bag.

I get down from the treehouse, the bike leaning against the treehouse. The trap door flaps lock shut with its smart mechanic I figured out and I get on my bike.

I can't erase those images from my mind.

My fear is dogs and somehow, I think the clown knew that. Who the fuck was he?! What did he want from me!? Did he make my father murder my mother!? I don't understand!! His smile was malice, and I fear it could much worse.

I ride my bike to school and see the four boys pulling up as well. My heart pounds. I feel too distressed, too unfocused. I don't know if I can pay attention well today because now I know that the red balloon leads something to do with a clown. And the worst thing about it? The clown isn't even real. No sign of him or a balloon or anything. Nobody knows about it.

So either I'm hallucinating or this is something only kids can see. And if I tell the boys, they won't believe me!

"Hey, Y/n!" Eddie waves.

I wave back silently, edged up.

"She's so hot." Richie says. My eyes widen.

"Richie, shut up!" Eddie scoffs.

"She's hotter than your Mom."

"RICHIE, SHUT UP!"

I quickly speed off and the boy's faces fall. I lower my head as I walk into school.

"Y-Y/n?"

"I need space Bill." I hesitate.

"A-Are you o-o-okay? W-what happened to y-y-your forehead?"

What?

I lift my hand up to my head, there's a scratch on my head. A cut.

"Is she tripping the fuck out or what?" Richie asks running over to us.

"If I told you, you wouldn't believe me." I shiver.

"Why? What'd you see?" Stan asks.

I take a deep breath and turn around. I keep walking into the school and I hear Bill say something to the other kids.

My mind is fuzzled, and yet Bill still runs up and stops me to the side, pulling me into an empty classroom.

"Wha-what hap-happened? I-I-I saw y-your mother, on the news. InIn the ne-newspaper."

I hesitate, looking down. Bill takes my hand and I look up at him.

"Remember that red balloon from yesterday?"

He nods.

"That red balloon had some kind of clown. The clown knew me and my sister's name. I packed all my stuff and ran out of the house for safety because of my father he..."

I trail off as Bill seems more alarmed. "A cl-clown?"

"I don't expect you to believe me, Bill." I huff.

"N-no. I-I believe you. D-do you th-th-think it has s-something to d-do with Geo-Geo-Georgie or Ho-Hope?"

I tense at the thought of that. "I-I don't know Bill. I'm sorry..."