~8~ Ben's Injury

Ben knowing who I was, rode on the back of my bike. He held my waist for support which I didn't mind.

It was a little difficult but I refused to complain as we decided to help him as much as we could. I'm glad Bill isn't mad at me for flipping. He actually seemed to understand because even though I want to enjoy summer or I have a broken family. One way or another, I want to get down to the bottom of whatever happed to Hope, Georgie, Betty, and the other missing kids.

"I think it's great that we're helping the new kid, but we also need to think of our own safety." Eddie speaks to Stan. "I mean, he's bleeding all over and you guys know that there's an AIDs epidemic happening right now as we speak, right?"

Eddie continues to speak to Stan as me, Richie and Bill ride ahead.

"I'm still sorry about what happened from before." I apologize.

"Do-don't hold it again...against yourself." Bill gives me a weak smile. Is it just me or is he normally this forgiving?

We lean our bikes against a wall in an alleyway which seems to be near a door for some sort of meat place. Me and Bill sit Ben down on a crate and he groans in pain. Ben is really not looking in good shape. There are two options.

The fucking clown. Or dipshit Henry. 

"Richie wait here, come on." Bill grabs my arm as we proceed down away from the alleyway.

Stan and Eddie follow us as we break into a run down the alley.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"The pharmacy." Bill says. We run into the store and lookout. We need decent supplies that will fix Ben up if we're not going to a hospital. Bill lets go of my arm and I nod my head at him. I'm glad he's my friend.

In an instance, we fetch up stuff like roll-up bandages, medicine, rubbing alcohol, antiinfective and more.

"Can we afford all that?" Bill asks, Stan only has a little bit of money and I didn't even bring mine. Shit! Eddie turns his head, as this caught his attention.

"It's all we got." Stan mutters.

"You kidding me?" Eddie scoffs.

We stand in silence, looking around the room.

"Wait, you have an account here, don't you?" Bill asks him. Eddie gives him a look as if that was a stupid question.

Eddie has an account here? Jesus.

"If my Mom founds out I bought all this stuff for myself...I'm spending the whole rest of the weekend in the emergency room getting X-Rayed."

That...sounds more like a control freak and less like a medical examination.

The music faintly plays on the speakers as I let out a sigh, tapping my foot impatiently unsure of what to do. Think, think.

"Got any ideas?" Stan asks me.

I shake my head. "I wish I could help. So I'm sorry about that."

"It's okay, there has to-to be a res-resolution somehow." Bill says thoughtfully.

A figure walks to the front of our ile which all our heads turn to them. My eyes widen.

Beverly puts a packet of woman's pads behind her back hiding it from I assume mainly the boys.

"Bev!"

"Y/n!" She whispers.

She runs up to me and I hug her in a tight embrace.