Chapter 1

I stumble down the crowded halls of Trinity High trying to find my locker. I walk past this one guy who gives me the look. I avert my eyes. Suddenly, I collide with someone and find myself flat on my ass. I look up to apologize and freeze suddenly. I find myself staring at his beautiful eyes. Of course! My first day at this school and I crash into the hot guy!

"I uh- uh. I'm sorry!" I stammered as I frantically pick my things up.

"Ugh..." he groaned and stood up, pushing right past me. He walked down the hall and I watched as he disappeared. I was scrambling to pick my things up when a girl bent down and helped me. She smiled kindly through her medium length, red hair.

"Thanks," I said as I put my things in my folder, "My names Gale by the way! And yourself?"

"I'm Rachel," beamed the girl, "That boy you ran into... his names Ivan. He's one of the most popular guys in our school. Most of the girls fall head over heels for him when he walks past. He's pretty picky too! He doesn't take a liking to many people." Great! I really fucked this up then! I didn't start off on a good foot with him but oh well.

"Oh," I said, "Well, you said he doesn't like many people so I bet he won't like me!" I stated with humorous tone.

"So, what's your first class?" She quizzed. I squinted at my schedule.

"Chemistry II," I stated. Her face instantly lit up.

"Hey me too! We can be lab partners!" She exclaimed. I was so excited to have made a friend on my first day.

I sat next to Rachel in class. We sat right up front. The teacher wasted no time diving into our work.

"Ok, students, my name is Mrs. Bartlett! I assure you that class should be no trouble for you if you apply yourselves! To begin, I want you to be paired with your lab partners so you can get to know them!"

Rachel and I smile at each other implying that we want to partner up. Suddenly the teacher starts listing off names and I frown.

"Rachel, you're partnered with, Zander at table four," she exclaimed! I frowned and waved at Rachel as she moved to her seat in the back of class. I ran my fingers through my brown hair and waited for my name to be called. "Gale, you'll be at table three with Ivan!" The class went silent and my heart sank into my stomach. Oh no... Maybe he won't remember me I grab my things shakily and walk back to table three. I see one girl glare at me ferociously. I sat right in front of Rachel and she winked at me. I sheepishly smile back! Ivan sits next to me with out saying a word.

"Alright class. I am going to grab your syllabus copies from the printer! I'll be back in five minutes. I trust you know how to behave," she gave us the look as she exited the room. My heart raced hoping Ivan wouldn't remember.

"Hey..." questioned Ivan. "Were you the idiot who ran into me this morning?" My stomach sank and I turned bright red feeling embarrassed. Fuck!

"I-I-I uh didn't mean to! I was just a little lost!" I stuttered. He stared at me for a couple moments before responding.

"First day, huh? Yeah they're always the worst." I laughed half heartedly trying not to seem too awkward. I pulled my note book from my pile and noticed Ivan staring at it. I instantly covered the pride flag hoping he wouldn't notice. The last thing I needed on my first day was him being homophobic to me! He furrowed his brows slightly. He seemed deep in thought then smiled slightly.

"I'm Ivan!" He stated confidently. He stared into my deep brown eyes with his deep grey pair.

"Gale," I whispered back and smiled shyly.

•••

The bell rang indicating the end of the day. We all huddled to our lockers and packed up. Rachel approaches me from behind and punches me in the shoulder.

"Omg! Ivan actually talked to you!" She pressed. "He must like you!"

"He only talked to me because I'm forced to work with him all year!" I snapped at her.

"Well, he did seem pretty happy talking to you! Maybe something will come from it," she shrugged.

"Yeah, maybe," was all I said, but for some reason my stomach kept twisting in knots.

"I don't know Gale! Whatever you say! I have to go pick my sister up from the middle school! See you tomorrow." She waved to me and exited the building! I started my boring walk home. I lazily walked home feeling sorry for myself. Wow! Just try not to embarrass yourself Gale!

•••

I finish my homework and plop down on my bed. I stare up at my pale white ceiling and notice that I can't stop thinking about Ivan. All I can think about is looking up and staring into those beautiful grey hues!

"Gale!" Shouted my mother from downstairs. " Get to bed please!" I turned off my light and laid my head on my pillow. I slowly drifted asleep