Chapter 7

My blaring alarm woke me up at 6:30 to get ready for school. I stripped out of my pajamas and threw them in the hamper. I laid out a pair of a skinny jeans and red T-shirt before rushing into the bathroom. I stepped into the shower and turned the water on.

"EEEKKK" I jolted back. the water is cold as hell. I turned the temperature all the way up. I lathered myself with soap and rinsed off before stepping out. I slide my shirt on over my head and finish getting dressed.

Rushing downstairs, I butter a piece of toast, grab my bag, and rush out of the house. I live about a mile from school so I just walk.

I arrive to school at around 7:15 and it's fairly busy with students. I don't see Rachel and Shawn yet but decide to head inside anyways.

"Ow!"

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry" I bend down to help pick up the boys books I spilled everywhere. I must have bumped into him without realizing it.

"Don't worry about it! I'm Eric by the way!" He states surprisingly friendly considering I just spilled hi books all over. I look up at him and don't think I recognize him. I might have seen him a couple times in the past month but that's it. He light brown hair swooped over his head, bright blue eyes, and a super strong jaw line! Snap out of it. You can't drool over straight men!

"Gale. It's nice to meet you too." He smiles at me and picks up the last book.

"Hey Eric, get your ass over here! We gotta talk about practice." The group of football jocks coming storming over. Isaac, Nick, and... UGH! Alex. I roll my eyes.

"What were you talking the fag about?" Alex hisses. He glares at me and snorts.  hits Alex and turns towards me.

"You're gay?" I pause. I don't know how to respond. I'm not officially out but everyone assumes I am. I try to lie, "I..."

"Hey, just don't hit on me you'll be cool," He chuckles. I roll my eyes again. Straight men.

"I don't just hit on every guy, you know!" He smiles and shakes his head walking away. Grrr. Straight men can be so self centered sometimes. Not everyone is just infatuated with them. I just brush it off and decide not to let it bother me too much.

I walk into chemistry class and sit down next Ivan.

"Hey, wanna come to my house after the game tomorrow night?" He's inviting ME over?

"Uhm... I have homework... I really wish I could," I stutter.

"Nonsense. You have all weekend to do your homework. My house at nine sharp."

"...okay."

Class went on as normal. We were just lectured at about the differences of matter, and energy, blah blah blah! I was so ready for the day to be over with.

***

I left the school building and started my walk home. The football players were practicing for the game tomorrow night. I saw Eric running my way to catch the ball that Ivan just threw. It went way past him and I chuckled... Until it hit me. I was flat on the ground. My head is throbbing but nothing too bad. I started to get up and Eric was standing over me in a second.

"Shit! I'm sorry Gale. Let me help you up." He scoops me up and throws my arm over his shoulder. He set me on the bench near by and kneels front of me. A bright light that appears in my eyes suddenly.

"Good! No concuss-"

"Eric. Get your ass away from him." I van shouts.

"God forbid I help!" Eric trots back to center field and Ivan kneels in front of me.

"I don't want you talking to him. He's no good and a bad influence." Which doesn't seem like Eric. I've only known him a little but from what I've heard and experienced, he's really chill.

"He's always been nice to me, Ivan"

"Listen, Gale. Stay. Away. From him!" His voice quivers slightly. There's definitely some tension between them.

"Alright. Hey... I should get home," I run off the field as Ivan waves. He was getting pretty worked up and I was getting uncomfortable. I always feel like I'm invading when people are mad or I'm making it worse. I just run it off and let my mind clear as I get home. No point overthinking why Ivan dislikes him so much.