Chapter 10

*Authors Note*
I... I don't know what to say! 5k reads!? I'm absolutely speechless. Thank you to each and every one of you. Just a reminder, this is my very first book! I know my writing style is poor, but I'm trying to improve. Thank you all for the support and patients. Love you all❤️

"So, Gale. How is school going for you?" My father asks trying to make conversation. I set my fork down and slowly lift my head to glare at him.

"I don't know, Tim. Maybe if you would have been have been here for the past five years, you wouldn't have to ask me that," I spit out. 5 years ago, my father left on a "business" trip. He was expanding his company into Europe and was supposed to be there for a year. We all missed him greatly. When a year came around, he let us know he wasn't going to be back for a while. He abandoned us and I didn't understand why. Until we saw the photos...

My mother was absolutely heart broken. He met another woman at a bar and my mother found about the affair the hard way. Well, any way it's difficult. She called my father and told him to not bother coming home. And he didn't. He called often and tried his best to fix things. Things were broken off with the British girl but it wasn't enough. My mother was devastated. Why he's here now, I don't know.

"Gale, your father will be staying for a while. He is finished with his business over there and has no place to stay... until the divorce is finalized." My mother's voice comes out sounding pained. I furrow my brows and look between the two. My mouth is hanging open and I all I can do is stare.

I slam my for down and push myself and the chair out from the table. It makes a loud squeal as it's wooden legs slide across the tiles. I stand up and stomp off to my room. The vibrations they send through my legs slightly hurts but I ignore it. I hate my father! I wish he'd leave and NEVER come back. I stumble into my room and slam the door as hard as I can making the nicknacks on my shelve wobble. I lock the door and climb under my soft covers and fluffy quilt.

*knock knock*

"Son. Come talk to me, please. Let me have some time to talk." My father tried to console me. I'm silent for a moment before he lets out a puff of air.

"You had five years to call and explain. Or to not cheat. Fuck off!" I hiss at my father with venom laced in my voice. I turn my back to my door and throw my sheets over my bare chest.I clamp my eyes shut tightly and try my best to ignore Tim's pleads and protests.

"Go away! I don't want to hear it," I sigh. I hear footsteps slowly fade away and smile. Finally. I wish I never had to see him again.

I lay they, staring at my navy blue wall. The sun shines brightly through my window casting light all over my room. I admire every blemish and imperfection on the wall. My brain is a blender of thoughts, causing me distress. Ivan's kiss, Tim is here, Tim is a cheater, My math test next week, I have a date tonight. I linger on the last one. I allow the thought to consume me.

I get up out of bed and walk to my closet. I need to look nice, obviously. But what to wear? A navy blue, v-neck sweater? A white and black button up? Gah. I sift through the rainbow that is my closet. My fingers graze the soft fabrics that each shirt is made of. I decide to pick later instead of over thinking it. I turn around and fall back onto my bed. Grabbing my book 'To Kill a Mocking Bird' off my nightstand, I open it to where I left off and begin to read.

A loud thud brings me out of my paradise and back to the grim reality. I hear my parents arguing downstairs and begin to wonder why. I don't want to intrude but... I'm curious. I carefully put my ear over the cold metal grate and listen.

"Why did you come back then!? You could have just stayed there." I hear my mother shout.

"Baby. I wanted to come back. I missed you and I needed to see you and explain things."

"Don't you dare "baby" me! You hurt our son. You missed the 5 most important years of his life!" She lets out a heartbreaking sob.

"I didn't hurt him. I would have called but you never let him have the phone. YOU never let me talk to him," Tim shouts back.

"Oh! Don't you blame this on me Timothy! You always play victim and I've had ENOUGH of it. One week. One week, and you're out! Got it?" My mother spit venomously. I hated it when I was younger and they would argue. I used to think it was my fault and tried to fix it myself but failed.

I hear my father storm off shortly before a door slams shut. I look at my alarm clock to see that it's 3:30. I should start getting ready for my date. Date. dAte. Hehe, I like saying that. Who thought me of all people, would be going on a date. I don't remember finding a four leaf clover anywhere, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

After getting out of the shower, I style my hair as usual. I step out of my bathroom onto the soft, carpeted floor. Sliding the blue, v-neck sweater over my head, I start to get nervous. I spray myself with cologne, hopefully enough to mask the smell of sweat from nerves. I take on last look in the shiny mirror and smile walking out of my room. My hands jitter as I walk down the stairs. I slide on my nicest pair of shoes and tie them.

"Have fun, honey. Please stay out of trouble," my mom smiles as she walks over to me. She crouches down and fixes my pant leg which was slightly creased. I chuckle to myself.

"It was fine, mom. No one would notice that," I giggle.

*beep beep*

We both perk our heads up and my mom bolts to the window. I walk outside to meet Ivan as i see him get out of his black car. As he walks around to me, I see him smile and I can't help but reciprocate. He gives me a small hug and chuckles softly.

"I'm so excited for our date! I have something exciting planned for us," he gushes. I turn to look at the house and my eyes drift to the window. I see my mom peeking through the blinds. As soon as I catch her, the blinds fall shut. I laugh at long and Ivan cocks his head to the side, clearly confused.

"Uh... sorry. My mom can just be a little embarrassing sometimes," I state slightly embarrassed. He chuckles.

"Alright, well we best get going before the sun starts to go down," he says as he walks to the car and opens the door. I walk to the passenger and pull the door open tenderly.

"Come on. We don't have all day," Ivan groans. I blush slightly and fling myself into the car,
What can I say, I'm excited! Ivan fosses his head back and laughs before pulling away from the curb.

After around 15 minutes of awkward silence, we find ourselves driving into the woods and up a small hill.

Oh god! Is he a serial killer?! Am I going to die?

I try to distract myself because that's not logical. This is a date and Ivan is an amazing... and hot... guy. The trees fly by in one green blue of color. Soon enough we're slowing down and the car comes to a stop. I look out the window and my jaw drops at the beautiful view.

How have I never been here before?

"Ivan, this is beautiful!" I exclaim as I stare at the sun setting behind the huge mountain. Ivan smiles at me.

"Well, I didn't bring you out here to just stay in the car. You can hop on out and I'll grab the food."

*Authors Note*
Sorry for the short chapter. The date scene is going to be really long and wouldn't all fit in this chapter. I hope you all understand. Thank you for the love and support. If you enjoyed the chapter, please leave a vote! Love you all. MWAH❤️