Chapter 2

I wander the halls with Rachel. We gossip about teachers and people in our class. We've already become really great friends. We just click.

"Oh my gosh! Gale! We should totally go to the
football game together tonight! They play the Mummy's!" She exclaims.

"Yes! It will be so fun! The game starts at 6:00, correct?"

"Yes! I'll be there a little before that with my boyfriend but just find me when you arrive!" She smiles as we enter the chemistry and get to our spots.

"So class! Open your books to page 24 in your text books and read lesson 1 please." She said. I began scanning through my book but was distracted by a sudden thud. I jolted out of my seat and and turned whipped around to see what happened. Rachel just slammed her book closed and walked out of class. The teacher didn't even look up. That's weird. I thought to myself. Maybe she just doesn't feel good.

We finished reading and the teacher handed out study guides as our assignment. She said the more practice, the better.

The bell rang suddenly, and I packed my things and walked out. I went to my next class and plugged through the day the best I could. Even though I just met Rachel, I was worried. I don't get why she walked out suddenly without anyone saying a thing.

...
I got dressed for the game in warm clothes. I pulled a sweatshirt over my head and trudged out to my car. I pulled out of the drive.

Not shortly after, I arrived at the field to see the bleachers lined with students. I walked around looking through the faces to find Rachel but had no luck. I saw Ivan down at the front standing in between two girls laughing. Looks like he's having a good time.

Suddenly, hands clasp onto my shoulders and snap my head around with a gasp. I see Rachel giggling.

"You asshole!" I exclaimed and shoved her back, "you scared the shit out of me!"

Her boyfriend was laughing at how mad I was getting. Rachel led us to the only open seats left. I suddenly realized I was standing by Ivan.

I honed in on his breathing paying more attention to him than the game. I listened to him flirt with the girl he was with.

"Damn! Sounds like you know how to have fun," he husked. That sentence coming from his mouth sent shivers down my spine.

I excused myself to use the restroom and walked to the run down room. I went in the last stall and was sweating uncontrollably. I took off my sweat shirt and exited the stall. I splashed cold water on my face. Suddenly the door swung open and Ivan walked in. I watched him cautiously in the mirror and saw him glare at me slightly through the corner of his eye. I looked down and left quickly.

The crowd cheered violently and I looked to see that we had won the game 21-14!

I followed Ivan to the parking lot him not knowing I was here. I heard the girl he was with earlier giggle and saw her biting her lip. She grinned as she got into his car and he backed out.

His car crawled past and I faintly saw his eyes through the widows staring into mine. I saw a confused look cross his face and he looked away. I got into my car and drove home.

A/N
Sorry that this chapter was so short! I promise I'll make it up to you all when the story really starts to get rolling!