Chapter 4

A/N
Hey! Sorry for the completely random updates. I just have some more time certain days than others and can right more! I have multiple drafts and I'm in the process of uploading but I am struggling really getting the story started.

Also, I'm sorry but this story will not contain smut. I will be implied but I will not be writing any as children of all ages can read this. Thanks for understanding!

"Oh my god!" Gale," my mother cried out and grabbed my face forcing me to stare at her. "What the hell happened to you? Did you get beat up, because if you did I'll beat-"

"Mom!" I interrupted! "Just leave it alone! I can stand up for myself," I huffed.

"Well, clearly not. Look at you." She ran her thumb over the swollen scar on my cheek. I rolled my eyes and pushed her away.

She walked to the freezer and grabbed a gel ice pack. She wrapped it in a layer of paper towel. She ran her hand through my brown hair.

"Ice your face and at least get some sleep please!" She cautioned. I nodded my head and trekked up stairs slowly. I launched myself into my bed. How can I lead a group for support when I feel like no one supports me.

My phone vibrated and lit up with an unknown user on the screen.

Unknown user: Hi, how are you? Is your face okay?

Aw! Who could be texting me? At least some people care. I smiled and let out a soft chuckle.

Me: Who is this?

Unknown user: It's Ivan. I just wanted to make sure you're ok.

My stomach instantly came Alive. I felt like an explosion went off as butterflies engulfed me.

Me: I'm icing it. It feels ok though. Thanks for asking🙂

Ivan: I just felt bad for not showing up sooner. I could have stopped this.

Me: It's ok. At least you showed up at all. And before the worst of too. Thanks for caring.

Ivan: Of course. Hope to see you tomorrow😊

Wait... did he just send me a blushing emoji? Omg. What does this mean? Am I overthinking it?

Me: Thanks! You too!☺️

And with that, we left it. I curled up under my covers but quickly tossed them off. I'm burning up. I feel like I'm on fire. I get up and turn on my fan and stand in front of it allowing it to blow my hair. When I finally felt better, I crawled back into bed.

I thought about the events that happened today and how, without Ivan, I don't know where I'd be. I'd be worse than I am now, that's for sure. I needed to get rest if I was going to be at school tomorrow.

•••

I parked in my usual spot and walked into school. Rachel was kissing her boyfriend, Shawn, in the hall. She pushed away and ran up to me as I walked in.

"Hey bitch! How's it going?" She nudged my shoulder.

I laughed. "Pretty good! How are you?"

"Meh," she sighed. Then her face lit up, "listen to this, apparently Ivan has a crush on someone in the school. No one knows who but he just said someone!"

"How would you know?" I laughed.

She averted her eyes, "I might have eavesdropped just a little!"

I rolled my eyes, "of course you did!" I laughed and grabbed all my books from my locker and headed to Geometry. I walked in and Ivan was sleeping on the desk. He was the only one in here. I sat my books down next to him.

He grunted and shot his head up, "Hmm?" He looked around confused and then his silver eyes locked on mine. He smiled slightly and ran his fingers through his light brown hair. I stood, staring at him.

Suddenly, Rachel grabbed my arm and tugged me out of the room.

"What was that all about?" She teased.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't know! He was shocked I woke him up, maybe?

"Ok! If you say so."

I rolled my eyes and the bell rang. We walked one more lap around the school and entered class right as the bell rang. Ivan was reading his chemistry book when I sat down.

"How's your face doing?" He pondered

"Oh! It's u-uh fine," I smiled

"Ok students! Open you're laptops and log into schoology. Open the chem project one folder and open the document inside please!" Mrs. Bartlett seemed cranky today.

I open the document and skim over it. We are supposed to make an experiment using the periodic table. That's literally it!

"Now, I want you all to work on this project over the weekend. I have all the materials needed and you can come up and grab what you would like!"

"So," I pondered, "what kind of project do you want to do?" Ivan closed his book and grinned.

"I don't know! Something not too complicated," he responded.

"Do you want to make a really bright light using magnesium?"

"Sure! That doesn't sound too complicated." I walked up and grabbed a couple strips of magnesium.

"So... do you want to come to my house tomorrow to work on it so we can turn it on Monday?" Ivan asked.  I was taken back and didn't know how to respond. I really wanted to go, but I also didn't want to embarrass myself.

"I uh... s-sure," I managed to say. He grinned and turned around.

"8:00 am!" He hoisted before leaving the classroom. I walked to my next period which was math. We took a test on quadratic equation. I feel really good about it. The teacher walked out of the room to go to the office. Suddenly Alex turned around and glared at me.

Shit! I completely forgot that he was even in this class. Why is he looking at me? Shit shit shit! He got up and came and sat on my desk.

"Oh hey! What's up buddy?" He asked overly happy.

I gulped and shoved him off of my desk. He almost tripped and glared at me. He made the slow cutting motion under his neck.

"Alex! Sit your rear end back down and stop talking to Gale! Some people actually want to do their work," shouted Mr. Rudey

Other than that, my day was pretty normal. Sixth period just ended and I headed to my locker. I grabbed my Chemistry notebooks so I was ready for the weekend.

"He broke up with me!" I heard Bella sob. "Ivan broke up with me for absolutely no reason!"

Oooo! I thought to myself. Ivan's a single Pringle now. I shook my head. What was I thinking? He's straight!

I saw Ivan walking down the hallway with two girls laughing loudly as they followed him. One girl touched his shoulder and he sped up, clearly annoyed. The he turned his head and smiled at me slightly. I turned my head quickly trying to hide my blush. The girls glared at me and scoffed. God! I wish I could rub their faces in the fact that I got to go to his house tomorrow! Sure it's just for a project but that's still bragging rights, right?