Chapter 5

A/N
I'm in Chemistry right now and honestly we haven't done any projects. This is just a reaction I know of so I used it for their project. I know it's kind of a dumb one and I'd change it to Biology if I didn't want to change the book so much. Thanks for understanding! Also thanks for all the votes and support!
IMPORTANT: play song when it says to.

My alarm clock blares causing me to shoot up. I turn and see that it's 6:30. I stretch my arms and stand up. I walk into the bathroom and get in to the shower. I step in and instantly jolt back. It's freezing! I wait a moment for it to heat up before slowly stepping in. The warm water runs down my back and I close my eyes.

Ivan. What should I wear? Do I bring something like a snack? Do I just show up? Am I overthinking this...?

I ponder the last question. Yeah... it's not even a date. We just have to work on our Chem project.

I step out of the shower and dig through my closet. I choose a light blue shirt with dark blue sleeves. It's a three quarter sleeve shirt so it's really stylish. I wear it with a pair of nice Khaki shorts. I style my hair. I gel the front up and flip it over. I spray some cologne on and grab my bag. I rush out the door and start the car. I wait for the rpms to drop slightly before pulling out of my driveway.

I start my journey to THE Ivan's house. Hottest guy in the school, Ivan's house!

I carefully scale the steps and reach the big blue door. I raise my fist and tap lightly. After about a minute a tired Ivan opens the door. He rubs his eyes and looks at me confused.

"Why the fuck are you here so early?" He groans. I look at my wooden watch and it's 8:07. I just shrug and smile.

He steps aside motioning me to enter. I do as he instructs. My eyes wander around his house from the T.V. to the island in the kitchen.

"Ok, so you have all the materials needed?" He questions. I nod and grab them out of my backpack. I start digging through and pull out a bag full of magnesium strips. I have a lighter and popsicle stick as well.

"Would you mind getting the paper so we can we record data based on the changing variables," I ask. He grabs a notebook from the living room and sets it in front of him.

I take the lighter and ignite the popsicle stick. Ivan stares at the fire and it reflects in his beautiful eyes. I shake my head of the thoughts and clamp the tweezers on a strip of magnesium.

"You're going to want to look away," I state.

"Then how will I record the data?" He asks with a 'duh' tone in his voice.

"I mean just don't look directly at it! It'll hurt your eyes maybe even damage them," I state very matter of factly.

He averts his eyes and I do slightly. I ignite the strip and an intense, white light, shines on the strip. I squint and as it burns out the strip is still in tact. Until I set it down. It instantly crumbles into white ash.

Ivan is scribbling down the reaction.

"Look okay?" He ponders.

I read what he has written down. "Yep! That's good!"

"Well... how about we take a little break! I'll make lunch," he says with a wide smile. He starts the oven and puts some veggies into a pan. He stirs them in with some spices.

"Shit!" He curses under his breath. "I burnt it. I'm sorry I tried but I'm not a good cook." I walk over by him.

"I'll cook if it's ok with you. I'm ok at cooking," I offer. My mom taught me what spices and things go good together so I'm a decent cook.

"Have at it!" He throws his hands up and sits on the counter frustrated. I look at what they all have and decide on making chicken tetrazzini. I cut up the chicken and put them to simmer on the pan. I throw in some spices like paprika, salt, parsley, and a few more. I start some noodles boiling. Once they're cooked I remove them. I add some olive oil to the pan and put in some finely chopped onions and tomatoes. I let them sizzle in some more spices. While they simmer I begin making the sauce. I use the ingredients needed. I took a small Tate and decided that it tastes pretty good. When it's all done, I add it to the noodles I started. I add the chicken on top and then I throw a small scoop of veggie mix on top for flavor.

I turn to grab the last ingredients and see Ivan watching me intently. The minute my eyes meet his he averts his gaze to the table. I turn and grab the basil and set a few finely chopped leaves on top of the two plates. I grab two forks. I set the larger helping in front of Ivan and I eat the smaller one. He takes a bite and his eyes go wide.

"Holy shit Gale! You can cook," he compliments. I blush and take a bite. It's not that good... I'll take the compliment though!

"Awww haha! Well, thank you! It's just something I do in my free time," I blush. A grin crosses his face.

"What other secret talents do you have, Gale?"

"Oh uh, not much haha. I'm in choir so I guess I can sing ok."

"Oh sing something." He exclaims.

I scratch the back of my neck. He gets up and sits on the couch. Oh god... what, do I just start singing here with him staring at me. Here goes nothing.

I grab my phone and turn on the background music without the voice. I press play

(Play song now)

I look at the ground while I start. I don't want to have to look at him. When I start the high note, I lift up my head and start getting into the song.

I always get lost in my head when I'm singing this song. I open my eyes when the song finished and looked up at Ivan. His eyes were wide and he shocked expression on his face. His brow furrowed slightly and I got scared of his reaction.

"Uh... I-I, said t-th-that... I n-need to use the rest r-room," I managed to stutter. I turn on my heel suddenly and dart up stairs. I dive into the bathroom and close the door. I lean against the sink.

Oh god... oh god! That was so embarrassing! I'm never singing in front of people again!

There was a knock on the door and I jolted back. I stood, frozen by the sudden interruption.

"Hey Gale. Come on out I want to talk to you about it." He whispered. I opened the door and stepped out side. I balled my shirt up in my hands and faced him.

"I uh, I'm s-sorry!" I sighed. He simply pressed a finger on his lips.

"Holy shit! Gale that was the best I've ever heard anyone sing! I'm sorry if my reaction was misleading! I was just in complete, and utter, shock. Damn, you can sing too!" He exclaimed. I blushed. I'm not really used to receiving compliments that aren't from my parents or Rachel.

I smiled at him sheepishly and he just chuckled.

"Come on! Let's go get this damn project done, Gale!"