Chapter 3

A/N
Hi guys! Sorry about the time jump here! I wanted to get the story to a point where I can start developing the characters more and their relationships. I promise there is no secret event that happened in this time skip. Yes it is a month skipped. I apologize if this upsets anyone, but I promise it'll pay off!

I shot up propping myself up against my hands. I'm drenched in sweat and breathing heavily. I look at my alarm clock and see that it's 2:00 am. I yank the covers off of me and crawl out of bed. I stood up trembling about the horrible nightmare! I was with my friends at the Grand Canyon. We were hiking around and suddenly out of nowhere, the leaves violently shook. I saw cold eyes stare at me and suddenly found my self being tackled. We fell off the edge and hit the ground. I surprisingly didn't wake up. Whatever it was that was on me was holding me tightly. I felt as if it saved me. Why would it hurt me only to save me. Before I could see what it was, I awoke.

I ran downstairs and poured myself a bowl of cereal. I ate while scrolling through my Instagram. I liked a picture of Rachel with her boyfriend, Shawn. Suddenly I stopped. Ivan stood on my screen with a girl planting a kiss on his cheek. I am one of the few people he follows. We message sometimes about Chemistry homework since we are lab partners. I scrolled past paying no attention to it any longer.

I finish my breakfast and head into the bathroom. I turn the shower on to a very warm temperature before stripping down. I step into the warm water and close the door. I stand still, the water running down my body. I think about my dream and why, when I was I falling I felt scared but not in danger. I continued to drift into thought. What c-c-could it have been? And what was... with... it's...

I jolted my eyes open as the ice cold water sprayed my face. I sprinted and sat up. I wiped my eyes still feeling slightly tired. I turned the water off and stepped out. I dyed myself off and checked the time on my phone. 7:00. Thank god I'm not late. I tip toe past my parents room trying not to wake them. I put on a white button up with black little dots and black shorts. I had to look my best. I turned the blow dryer on and styled my hair. I gelled it like I usually did. My tight fade all normal and a the front of my hair flipped up in the front. I spritzed some cologne onto myself and grabbed my backpack as I rushed out the door. I got in my car and drove to school.

The auditorium was filled with every student in the school. I nervously shook as I looked out at all of them. The clock read 8:00. I slowly walked out to the   center of the stage trying to seem confident. I was only 5 foot 8 but my hair made me seem taller. I stood up in front of the school. I saw Rachel give me a reassuring smile.

"For those of you who don't know, my name is Gale! I am a Junior this year and I am going to present some things to you!" I said confidently. My stare drifted to Ivan. He was watching me contently.

"I am here introducing a new club to the district," I clicked to the next slide which had a rainbow flag on it, "HUA aims to offer support to those struggling with their identity. HUA stands for Help, Understanding, and Acceptance. There are many students in this school who either are out as and LGBTQ identifying member or don't feel comfortable enough. This group aims to fix that. We are completely confidential. You can come and hang out with people who identify as Trans, gay, lesbian, Pan, etc. People who can relate and accept you! Even straight members are already involved to be supportive Allys." My heart races as I stare at Ivan who is stone cold. He has an icy stare and appears emotionless but I almost see a smile cross his face.

"If you would like to join the club, it will stay confidential. Just come talk to me and I will get you in and and give you the dates we meet. So I ask you to join and show your support. Together we can change the way people feel making it easier to come out!"

The auditorium erupted in cheers and applause. Alex, Slate, Timmy, Rodge sat in the back and just laughed. Mocking my every move. I saw Ivan clapping softly. I exited the stage quietly. The students went to their usual classes and so stayed behind talking to a few a students.

I finished up there and walked back down the hall. Suddenly I felt myself being slammed to the side. A hand covered my eyes and dragged me into the bathroom. I whined as they dragged me across the cold tile scratching my slightly tanned skin. I heard the door lock and suddenly I could see again. Fuck. I stared up at Alex and Slate as they glared at me.

"You fucking faggot!" Alex spat on me, "Just keep your mouth shut and this'll be a lot easier," he grinned evilly. "What do you want Fag? Are you trying to infect this school?" I just stared at him with blank eyes.

"Fucking answer me faggot!" He kicked me in the side and I fell on my head clutching my stomach.

I grinned and mocked, "Oh but I thought you wanted me to be quiet." His face grew red with anger and threw a punch at me. My nose started bleeding. The blood tickled my chin and lips as I trickled down.

All of a sudden there was a knock on the door. Ivan barged in and glared at them. I was so confused. How did he know I was in here... why did he care.

"Get the fuck out of here you assholes!" He growled at Alex and Slate. His eyes glared at them in such a way I curled in fear.

They ran out of the room and Ivan knelt down by me.

"How did you know I was here?" I pressed curiously.

"Well, you weren't in class and neither was Alex. I assumed something was up," he smiled. He grabbed some paper towel and wiped the blood off my face.

"You don't have to help me, Ivan," I sighed knowing very well he was here because Rachel was in the door way.

He smiled at me and I almost melted. I'd never seen him look at anyone that way before. "I don't mind," he smiled.

He threw the paper towel and helped me stand up. Rachel came in and gave me hug.

"Those fucking assholes! God I'm sorry Gale. Sadly, there's homophobia almost anywhere you go!" She hugged me tightly and Ivan smiled. He then turned around and walked off.

Rachel took me to the office and my mom came and picked me. She didn't let me leave bed until I told her what happened and so I did. She reported it to the school and said that it would be taken care of. I thanked her and laid down to rest. Before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

~Ivan's POV~ I stared Alex in the eyes coldly holding myself back from punching him. "Get the fuck out of here you assholes," I shouted. They retreated quickly out of the bathroom. I knelt down by Ivan and grabbed some paper towel.

"How did you know I was here?" I didn't know to be honest. I just got worried when he didn't show up in class, but I don't know why.

"Well, you weren't in class and neither was Alex, so I figured something was up," I gently patted the blood off of his face. I felt horrible that he had to deal with this. At least he had a good friend like Rachel who ran all this way with me.

"You don't have to help me, Ivan," he whined. But this was nagging at me inside. I felt a need to protect him, but I just can't figure out why. I smiled warmly at him. "I don't mind," was all I could say.

I helped him stand up and Rachel ran in hugging him. I heard them mumbling. I smiled and walked back to class thinking about him the whole way. Why did I run to him so fast when he didn't show up to class?