Chapter 11

Mmm!" I moan, "Oh my god. This is so good!" I mumble as I shovel food into my mouth. I started eating with goo manners... but let's just say that didn't last very long. These sandwiches are HEAVENLY! Ivan let's out a breathy chuckle and smiles at me.

"I'm glad you like it. I wasn't sure what to make so I went the safe route. I mean, who doesn't like roast beef sandwiches," he explains.

"Right!" I mumble with a face full of food. I'm literally such an embarrassment! I shift slightly as my butt starts to get sore from sitting on the cold ground. He brought a blanket but I can still feel the cold rock that's the earth under me. We've been out here for about an hour. The golden sun has almost completely set making the sky a deep, blood orange. We sit in silence, admiring the beauty in front of us.

"Hey... Gale?" Ivan mutters softly. I hear a slight tremble in voice and get a little worried. I turn towards him and stare into his stone eyes. "It's kind of getting cold out here." As he speaks, I can see his breath in the air as if he was letting out a puff of a smoke. I didn't realize how cold the air had gotten, but I'm enjoying the sunset.

"Can we just finish watching the sun set, please?" I beg. He lets out a laugh and shudders.

"No. I'm cold as fuck, so get in the car before I get of hypothermia!" He stands up and begins packing the food up. He starts to put away the sandwiches! I let out a small gasp and snatch one off the plate before he finished rapping them. I giggle loudly as I shove another one in my mouth. Ivan rolls his eyes at me.

"They're just sandwiches." I hold up a finger to silence him. He chuckles lightly and continues packing.

Once the rest of the food is in the cooler he stand up slowly and digs through his pocket.

*beep beep*

He unlocks the car and struts over to the trunk. I roll up the blanket and walk over to the car as Ivan closes the trunk. I tenderly grab the door handle and yank it but the door doesn't open. I groan loudly.

"Ivan! The doors locked and it's freezing." He grunts and rolls his eyes.

"You're so dramatic," he chuckles. Dramatic? He thinks I'M dramatic?

"I'm not the one who said they'd get hypothermia from sitting out here," I retort. He throws his head back and lets out a hardy laugh.

"Touché."

He unlocks the car I throw myself inside before the closing door. He gets in and puts the key in the slot. The car roars to life and I crank up the heat. The sun has fully set by this point. All that's left is the moon. The car is illuminated slightly in the moonlight and it's dead silent. All we can hear is our uneven breaths. It's so peaceful... I look over at Ivan, curious to see if he's admiring the moment as well. I pause when I see that he's already looking at me.

"How long have you been staring at me?" He doesn't give me a response just continues to stare. All I see is his grey eyes which suddenly look more blue than ever. I can only see the outline of his face slowly get closer. His eyes start to close ever so slowly and I feel his warm breath tickle my face. My breath hitches in my lungs and I freeze. I try to keep my eyes forced open. Suddenly I feel his soft lips graze mine. He pauses for a moment before starting to move his lips slowly. I stay frozen, nervous, completely uneducated on how to kiss. Does he do the tongue thingy or do I? How do I move my lips?

"Gale..." Ivan breaks from the kiss to whisper. I focus my eyes on him. "Kissing is a two way road ya know," he chuckles. My face suddenly feels like it's on fire with millions of flames dancing around. I can already tell my face is more red than tomato.

"Oh, yeah haha," I chuckle nervously. "I uh... u-uh, don't actually know how to kiss." I look down at my feet embarrassed. Ivan let's put a subtle laugh and I turn even more red.

"Well, let me show you." He grabs my chin, gently lifting and turning my face so I'm staring into his icy blue eyes, the moon making them almost glow. He let's go as he moves in and our lips meet. He starts moving his slowly, in a steady rhythm. After a few seconds I build up the courage to try to move my lips in sync. I try to figure it out but the kiss becomes sloppy quick and I feel more embarrassed. After about a minute or so of TERRIBLE kissing we finally get in rhythm. I feel a sensation deep in my stomach. Like swarm of butterflies flying to the surface. His tongue gently grazes along my bottom lip making it quiver slightly. I allow him access and our tongues begin to dance. I'm not going to lie, it's a little awkward sitting in a guy's, who thought was straight, car with his tongue shoved down my throat but what the hell! I should live a little. Experience all things I've only ever dreamed of. As the kiss goes on longer and longer, things start to heat up. And I mean literally heat up. The car is like a hundred degrees since we left the heat on. Ivan breaks away from the passionate kiss, only to pull his shirt over his head. He smiles at me and throws it in the back. I can't help myself but to stare at his toned stomach. He tugs at the bottom of my shirt but I swatt his hands away.

"I'm self conscious about my stomach," I mumble. Ivan continues to lift up my shirt slowly as stares into my eyes. I start breathing heavy as he lifts over my head. I lift my arms up slightly so he can slide it off of me and throw it into the back. He looks back over at me and I avoid eye contact. I'm so afraid of him judging me. I'm a skinny kid, kind of boney even  and I have a flat stomach with little discoloured patches in a few spots. It's my least favourite feature. I slowly look over at Ivan and see him smiling up at me.

"I think you're beautiful and personally, I love you tummy." If I wasn't flushed before, I am now. I could keel over out of sheer embarrassment. He leans back in to continue the long pauses kiss. The centre council was really making this difficult so I got the courage to try and climb over it... about half way over, I get stuck and I'm not flexible enough to pull my leg over. Ivan, still kissing me, doesn't notice so I pull away.

"I-Ivan. I-I'm st-t-tuck..." I stutter trying not to embarrass myself anymore tonight. Ivan grins widely and grabs my hips. He pulls me up and over with ease and sits me on his lap so I'm straddling him. He puts the seat back slightly and continues kissing me. I feel him shift underneath me and that's when I realize what's about to happen... he's... he's hard. He continues kissing me, unfazed as he moves his hands to my ass. Feeling turned on, I kiss him deeper knowing very well, where this is going to lead.

***

We sat in silence, with only the radio to keep us company as he drives me home. I finish sliding my shirt over my chest. I have no idea what you're supposed to say after something like... like that. I shift around in my seat slightly uncomfortable. I'm going to be sore for a day or two... you can guess why. I just hope no one notices.

He pulls into my driveway after fifteen minutes of pure silence.

"Well... it was a lovely night," I say before I go. Ivan looks over at me and smiles.

"Couldn't have been better," he exclaims. He gives me a quick peck on the lips and I blush... again. I close the door and wave to him as he back out of the driveway. My smile fades as his taillights disappear I the distance. I half walk half waddle up to the house and open the door quietly. All of the lights are off so I head towards the stairs and start walking up.

"So, how'd your FIRST date go!?" My mom exclaims. I jump and my foot slides off the step sending me summersaulting to the bottom. I land on my ass and groan. As if I wasn't already sore. My mom stares down at me with a huge grin on her face. "Where'd he take you? What did you guys eat? Oh, was it outside!? I should have sent you a sweatshirt..." she rambles

"Mom."

"Did he cook? Oh my god did he kiss you? You didn't have sex right!?" My face turns bright red. Yeah... I'm not telling her that part.

"We went to the lookout point and had a picnic! It was so much fun. And no mom, we didn't have sex," I groan. It wasn't a total lie... We did have sandwiches! And were at lookout point too!

"Ooo fun! Well, you have to be to school early tomorrow so get to bed right away please. Tell me all about it in the morning! I love you!"

"I love you too, mom," I smile to myself as I rush into my room.

What a night.