Chapter 6

The project was finally finished. It's already 10:00 pm. My mom is probably asleep.

"Do you want to spend the night here?" Questioned Ivan. He gave me a hopeful look.

"Sure I guess." I stated. He instantly smiled and blushed.

"We only have one bed..." Ivan said, "I can sleep on the ground." He offered. There was no way I was letting him do that. I didn't want to sleep with him either. I just feel that it's too much to be sleeping with a straight guy. Especially if this ever got out.

"I'll sleep on the ground! I actually find it way easier to sleep if uhh... I'm not so high up?" I stuttered. It came it out more like a question but Ivan didn't seem to notice. He just shrugged and walked out of the room. I waited for him to come back in, and soon enough he did. He had an air-mattress, some blankets, and a pillow. He laid them out for me and smiled proudly.

"There ya go! If you happen to want the bed, just let me know!" He crawled under his covers and turned off the lamp. We sat there in silence only hearing the air conditioning and our subtle breaths. The awkward silence was almost unbearable.

I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep, but I found that very difficult with Ivan in the same room and everything. Instead, I focused on his breaths and slowly drifted off to sleep.

•••

I heard the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs and in walked Ivan. Not just any Ivan, Ivan wearing nothing but a towel. I clamped my eyes shut pretending to sleep as came over by his dresser to pick out some clothes. I peeked slightly through my right eye lid to catch the sight. Call me creepy but hey, I know you'd do the same thing! Just as I open my eye, he dropped the towel. I shut my eyes again because I want to give him SOME privacy.

"Wake up Gale!" He whispered. I slowly opened my eyes to see a smiling Ivan standing above me. He was wearing a blue sweatshirt that squeezed him in all the right places and a pair of loose grey jeans. I sit up on the crinkling mattress and stretch. I slept in my clothes, so I'm all ready for the day. "How are you sleepy head?" Ivan grinned at me. I rolled off of the bed and onto the floor.

"Good morning. Why are yo up so early?"

"It's already 9:00, Gale," Ivan chuckled. "If I didn't wake you, you might of slept the entire day!" HES right. I probably would have. "You can head downstairs. I made pancakes for us."

My face instantly lights up and I'm out the door. I practically ran down the steps into the kitchen. There, waiting for me on the table, was a large stack big fluffy pancakes topped with whipped cream and strawberries. I sat down in the chair and began shoveling large bites into my mouth, blocking the world out around me. WHAT!? I'm a food whore. Especially when it's breakfast. I look up and see Ivan staring at me smiling. I blush fiercely because I'm acting like a pig. I grab the napkin, wipe my face off, and smiled sheepishly.

"Are they that good?"

"Yes! They're wonderful. Thank you so much!" I exclaimed.

After I, neatly, finished the pancakes, I took my plate to the sink. I began washing it off when Ivan came around me and pushed me out of the way. He grabbed the plate, rinsed it off, and put it into the dishwasher.

"I could have gotten that for you, Ivan."

"Don't worry about it. You're my guest." I was going to have to leave in soon, even though I didn't want to. I really like Ivan's company.

"Well, I guess I should get ready to head home. I haven't seen my mother all day. I need to make sure she's ok."

"Of course! Let me go grab the project for you real quick." Ivan ran up the stairs and came down with a box containing all the materials and data. I threw on my sweatshirt and he handed me the box. I have him a sheepish smile not knowing what to do and feeling uncomfortable.

"Well, see you at school tomorrow, Gale." He smiled at me. I opened the door and started to head out

"Thanks Ivan, you as well." We waved each other good bye and I closed the door behind me.

The walk home felt a lot longer than yesterday. Probably because it's getting closer to winter. When I finally made it home, I saw my mom watching tv on the couch. I opened the front day and walked inside. My mom walked into the room and gave me a hug.

"How was it? There was no sex, right?" She teases me a lot. I rolled my eyes.

"Mom!" I walked up stairs and scrolled through tik tok for most of the day. I didn't feel like doing homework even though I had an essay due to tomorrow. Oh well!