The Search

The group headed out on foot in search of Alicia's brother and her family. Although they were doing that, they didn't know where to start.. So Raven finally broke the silence, "So.. Where should we start from...? Did your brother give you any place if you know, you and him ever got separated..?" she asked.

"Ahmm we discussed it.. We decided if one of us got separated, the other would stay around that area as long as they can.." Alicia replied scared for her brother.

"How about we start from where you found her and then maybe retrace her steps?" Lincoln suggested to Raven and Elyza.

"Good idea. Let's go where we found you" Raven said pointing at Alicia.

They all started walking towards the place they remembered they found Alicia. It took them longer than it should've because they didn't really remember the place.. They had walked towards the sound blindly, now they had to stress where they were..

Finally after almost an hour, they found the shop again.

"Finally! If I had to walk 1 more mile, I would've died" Elyza groaned and stretched her muscles.

"Of course you would've. Have you seen you?" Raven said smirking.

"Oh Shof op Reyes" Elyza rolled her eyes.

Raven chuckled and looked at Lincoln, "How are you not dying?!" she asked after seeing he was breathing perfectly fine.

Lincoln just shrugged.

"Anyways so this is where we found you. Which direction did you come from?" Raven asked Alicia.

Alicia pointed to the road ahead of them.

"Alright let's go" Raven said and everyone started walking towards the road.

They kept walking and Alicia kept of telling them where did she turn and where she didn't. After about 3 or more miles of walking they came to stop outside of a pharmacy.

"This is where you got separated?" Lincoln asked.

"Yes... There was a big horde of infected coming for us so Nick pushed me in the opposite direction and ran to the other. Taking more than half the horde with him...." Alicia said sadly pointing to the direction Nick ran in.

"Don't worry we'll find him" Lincoln said with a small smile.

Alicia gave a small smile too but it didn't quite reach her eyes.. But after this small interaction, she knew she can trust Lincoln. She doesn't know why she thinks she's known him, but she knows she can trust him with her life..

"It's best if we split up. We'll cover more ground and be able to eliminate places faster. And after 3 hours, we meet here again" Lincoln added after thinking for a moment.

They all agreed to Lincoln's plan and divided into 2 groups of 2. Elyza and Raven together and Lincoln and Alicia together. They headed into different directions to find any clue that Nick was there.

After 3 hours of searching thoroughly through every house, shop, roads and alleyways that they could find, they all came back near the pharmacy.

"Any sign?" Raven asked breathing heavily.

"We found some fresh food laying around but other than that.. Nothing. I tried to pick up a trail as best as I could on concrete but.. It's like he just stopped for one meal and than just ran. Didn't stop" Lincoln informed the girls.

"Hey. Was there any other option for when you get separated? What if you couldn't find each other? Where would you go then??" Elyza spoke.

"Umm.. This was the first option we agreed to consider but.. Yeah. There was another option. If we couldn't find each other even after searching for a day or more, then we would go back to the yacht and our family.." Alicia said.

"You have a YACHT?!!" Raven exclaimed.

"No... It's not ours it's a guy's that's with us.." Alicia replied.

"Where's this yacht??" And Lincoln finally asked the million dollar question.

"Long Beach"

Lincoln looked up to determine the time and spoke, "It will be way past night till we'll even be near Long Beach.. And we can't go on foot.. It'll be too long on foot. We will need to find a vehicle" Lincoln said with a sad smile.

"No. No! My brother is there. I know it. I can't just leave him!!" Alicia said desperately.

"Look. If I heard correctly, he's there with your family, so he will be safe. But you will not be if you travel in the dark. Walkers are 50 times more dangerous when you can not see them" Lincoln explained calmly.

"He's right. You can't just die after you have finally figured out where your family is just because you choose to be reckless, can you?" Elyza said in a explaining tone.

"C'mon. Let's head back. Tomorrow we'll head to Long Beach and you can reunite with your family" Raven said to Alicia.

No one was ready to let Alicia die. Even if she couldn't remember who she was, they just couldn't let her walk to her death.

Alicia didn't say anything. She just started walking towards where they came from. The others followed in silence too. All sad that she was so close to finding her family but wasn't at the same time.

-----

So?! Did you like it? Kinda family meeting tomorrow!

Anyways, Lemme know in the comments if you have any questions or doubts!

I don't know what else to say... So.. I guess.. Don't forget to vote and I'll see you tomorrow! ❤️😂