7.

Today was Saturday and I decided to lay in bed longer than originally planned. I still can't believe Keenan did what he did yesterday. For him to act all jealous like that while he was doing what he wanted, that was so uncalled for.

I refuse to put myself in that predicament again.

*three years ago* (sophomore year of high school).

"Why don't you guys just date already?" Hazel asked me. "Because he's my best friend" I told her. "You know the best relationships happen when that best friendship is formed first" she smirked.

"Yes I did hear that, but I don't know. I feel like I just see him as a best friend only" I told her. "I feel like you're lying".

I rolled my eyes. The thought of dating Keenan of course has crossed my mind numerous times but I just don't wanna date and then say we break up, our friendship is gone for good.

"I feel like if you guys have a stable friendship no matter what happens, y'all had that friendship before anything" Hazel explained.

I just sighed "hey you good?" Keenan came up to me asking. "Yeah" I nodded. He gave me that "I know you're lying" look. "I'm serious" I forced a laugh out.

"You act like I don't know you" he shook his head and gave all his attention to the sandwich that was in front of him.

"I'm good" I told him. "Mmhmm" he said with a mouth full of food.

"Hey wassup yall" Korey came up to us and sat down across from Keenan and I.

"Hi Korey" I smiled. Now Korey was someone I had a crush on since freshmen year. He is so gorgeous I could stare at him all day. Him and Keenan have been close since sixth grade.

"Wassup bro" Keenan dapped him up. "What time is your game tonight?" I asked "I think eight, prolly nine tho you know black people never start on time" he spoke. I chuckled "yes ! My momma be telling me to be ready by a certain time. I'm done and she still takes an hour" I told him. "Mines the same way" he laughed.

* current day *

When Korey and I started dating, for a while Keenan was heated and he stopped talking to us for a month. I feel like he told Korey why he felt some type of way. But he never told me.

He was so jealous to the point that he went through a "hoe phase" and that's how eventually he became known as the player, when in reality he's really not like that.

My phone vibrated a certain tone and I knew exactly who it was. I answered my phone "hey gorgeous" he said "I miss you so much" I said to him "I miss you too. I was just thinking about you so I had to call you" he said. I couldn't help but blush and smile. "I can't even tell you how much I miss your smile" he said. "Feelings mutual Korey" I said.

"These girls down here are nothing compared to you, your natural beauty is just so different. Down here it's pounds and pounds of makeup. I just can't" he said. "I haven't even been around that much to tell you about the guys" I told him. He laughed.

"How's Keenan?" He asked, I know he misses him and Keenan's bond, they use to be so inseparable. Keenan said after Korey pulled what he pulled with me, he don't think he could ever trust him again because of the fact that Korey knew everything about how Keenan truly felt. Till this day things I still don't know.

At one point Keenan and I did have feelings for each other but we agreed to stay strictly friends. I hope me speaking and dancing with Anthony doesn't spark another conflict between him and I.

"Him and I got into last night" I told Korey "about what?" He looked confused "another guy" I sighed "you gotta be kidding me" I could tell Korey was getting heated "he needs to chill and stop being so damn possessive over you" he said. "I don't think he's necessarily being possessive, he was talking to my roommate all up in her face and so I was talking to his. But just on some friendship fake flirting shït, nothing too heavy and we danced together" I explained to him.

He sighed "Keenan gotta get it together, quick, or he's gonna end up hurt. I don't understand why he just won't tell you" Korey said.

I know it probably seems weird as to how Korey and I are talking about this, but before we dated we built a bond to the point where we could talk to each other about any and everything. That's what I love about us.

"He's starting to blow me, I hope he doesn't continue doing this throughout school. I don't wanna lose him as a best friend, but it's always like he has something to get off his chest. He's had multiple opportunities to do so but always keep his mouth shut" I explained.

Korey shook his head "who's his roommate?" He asked, I giggled "is someone jealous?" I asked "nah, cuz I still got your heart" he shrugged "oh you do?" I questioned "I better, because I know damn well you still got mine" he said.

"Korey ... you know we can't be doing this, it's going to hurt" I said to him. "Why you gotta kill the moment Ti" he groaned "we promised that if either one of us started doing that , we'd remind each other what's up" I said.

"Why did we promise that again?" He asked "neither one of us wanted to do long distance, it would hurt too much" I said to him. "You're still my wife in my eyes" he said. "I love you Korey" I said to him. "I love you too Tiara" he said back and then we hung up.

There was a knock on my door, I opened it. "Can we talk please?" It was Keenan.

I just looked at him and nodded. He came into my room and sat down on my bed "no Lani?" He asked "she went grocery shopping" I told him. "Oh okay" he said and then there was a moment of silence.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked him "last night" he answered "okay go" I said. "I wanted to apologize, I let the liquor take over" he said "Keenan, I really don't get you sometimes" I sighed "I know and I'm sorry, I don't want to repeat sophomore year either" he said.

"Why do you act like this?" I asked him. He shook his head, "it doesn't even matter Ti ... are we good?" He asked.

Of course he avoided the question, I really don't understand why he does that it's starting to blow me, like just tell me how you really feel.

"Okay Keenan" I got off of my bed and and opened the door "you didn't answer my question" he said "and you didn't answer mine. See you later" I said to him and he walked out. I closed the door right behind him.

I felt myself wiping my eyes, I hate the fact that when I'm mad I start crying. I don't even be upset or sad just heated.

I might have to start distancing myself from him.