Announcements At Dinner

Disclaimer: I Own Nothing

Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes.

Enjoy!

This takes place BEFORE "Coming Home" and not long after "My Life. My Choice."

Announcements At Dinner

"You have to tell them."

Maya looked over glaring at her husband.

"Maya, they are going to find out anyway. I say you tell them tonight like we planned and get it over with."

Maya looked over at her mother and Topanga huddled together talking probably planning Thanksgiving as they got dinner ready for tonight to her father standing not far from them."Can't we just go home right now and lay in bed and cuddle?" Maya begged, giving him her best pleading face.

Josh smiled, shaking his head, forcing himself to stay strong. "No, we can't but I can promise you an awesome cuddle session when we get home after you tell them."

Maya took in a deep breath, "Fine," she pouted. "But just know this dinner is going to hell after I tell them."

"It will be fine," he reassured her, rubbing her shoulders and giving her a quick but soft kiss. "It just has to sink in and they will support you."

Maya looked over at her parents again. "I guess your right."

"I am," Josh told her, kissing her forehead.

Maya sighed, walking over a little closer to her mother. She glanced around the room and at least with Cory, Topanga and Riley there her parents wouldn't kill her because they would be witnesses. "Well, I guess let's get this over with," she whispered to herself before raising her voice. "Attention everybody, especially you two," she said, pointing to her mother and Shawn. "Because I have an announcement."

"Oh no," Shawn sighed, his arms dropping down to his side.

"What kind of announcement?" Katy asked, her full attention now on her daughter as she set plates down on the table instead of setting the table like she was about to do.

Maya swallowed, looking over at Josh who nodded for her to continue. She looked away rolling her eyes at her husband. She didn't understand why he felt the need for her to tell her parents before she actually went through with her plans. "There is something we need to tell you well not we technically it's me-" she began.

"Oh god, you're pregnant!" Shawn cut her off, glaring over in Josh's direction as Riley's eyes went wide and she looked away not making eye contact with any one in the room.

Josh raised his eyebrows, shaking his head as he sat down.

"What?! No, I'm not pregnant-"

"Then what is this announcement?" Katy said, her hands on her hips, already knowing her daughter was going to drop a bomb on her.

"Well, if you guys would let me talk then maybe I can tell you."

"The floor is all your's," Shawn told her, motioning with his hands.

Maya took in a deep breath before letting it out slowly, "I'm not returning to NYU after this semester is over with."

"What?!" Shawn and Katy snapped at the same time.

"Are you crazy?" Katy continued.

"I knew you guys would react like this," Maya rolled her eyes, shrugging her shoulder. "That's why I didn't want to tell you."

"What did you want us to do? Plan a huge party and say congratulation we are glad you are dropping out of school. We couldn't be more proud."

"Glad she's not our daughter right now," Cory muttered to Topanga, trying make his mouth move as little as possible, as the two watch the scene unfold in front of them.