Life Changing Part Two

Thank you for your reviews/votes. How has it already been 3 YEARS since GMW ended?

Life Changing Part Two

Riley rushed in to Maya's hospital room, stopping in the doorway for a second to examine her best friend. She saw her best friend sitting up with her feet dangling off the bed, staring down at the ground as Katy sat next to her rubbing her back while Shawn stood at the foot of the bed watching the two, both looking heartbroken for their daughter.

"Maya," she gasped, grabbing the three's attention before hurrying over to her and wrapping her arms around her devastated best friend. Her father gave her what update he had on Maya and Josh when she arrived to the hospital and she knew she needed to get to her best friend's side as fast as she could.

Katy stood up going over to stand next to her husband, allowing Riley to take her place and sit down next to Maya to comfort her.

"We'll give you two a second," Shawn told them, knowing the two needed a moment alone before he led a hesitant Katy out of the room as Riley held a crying Maya against her chest.

"Maya?" Riley said, a moment after the two were left alone. "The baby?" she questioned, gently. It was the only thing her father didn't speak of or update her on when she arrived to the hospital. He told her, Maya looked to be walking away fine while Josh was fighting for his life but no mention of the baby.

Maya pulled away, her eyes going back to stare straight down at the ground, "The baby is fine," she answered. "They did an ultra sound and everything checked out okay and the heartbeat was a little weak but still strong. I asked the doctors not to mention anything about the baby to anyone because no one knows about the baby yet and I would rather them not find out this way."

Riley nodded, but couldn't help but noticed a little bit of harshness in Maya's voice when she was talking about the baby but chose not to speak on it. She knew her best friend just went through a dramatic experience and her husband was in surgery fighting for his life. She stared at her best friend, her heart breaking as her best friend lived out her worst nightmare. She feared so many nights while Lucas was away she would be in this position. He would get seriously hurt and she would be the one, pregnant and praying her husband would be okay. She wrapped her arm back around her best friend, resting her head on top of her's.

"Josh is going to be okay."

XOXOXOX

Topanga looked from her husband who was pacing back and forth in front of her to her mother-in-law sitting quietly, trying to not let her tears be seen. She could feel the tension and fear in the waiting room growing heavier and heavier every moment as they waited to hear if her young brother-in-law has made it out of surgery or not. She hated how it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. She needed something to distract her and everyone else from their fearful thoughts. She looked over at her son-in-law, sitting quietly looking like he was loss in his own thoughts, most likely scared for one of his best friends. "How's the military treating you?" she asked Lucas, softly, wanting to try to make light conversation and hoping to take everyone's minds off of the fact they were sitting in a hospital waiting room, waiting to hear if Josh was still alive or not.

"Great," Lucas answered, running one of his hand up and down his thigh to get rid of the sweat.

"So are you going to stay?" Amy asked, surprising everyone she was paying attention to the light conversation trying to get started.

Lucas nodded. "I am. This is it for me and if I have it my way and they allow me, I would love to stay in the military until I retire."

Topanga gave him a small smile, surprised by his answer and wonder how her daughter felt about it as everyone turned their attention to Shawn as he entered in to the waiting room.

"How's Maya?" Cory asked, as he stopped pacing to look at his best friend.

"She is okay," Shawn answered as he took a seat next to Amy. "She has some bruising from the seat belt," he motioned around his shoulder. "And she is sore but other that she is perfectly fine at least physically. Emotionally, she is a complete mess. Riley is in there with her right now so hopefully she can calm her down."

"That's good to hear," Topanga said, softly as everyone nodded.

"It is," Shawn agreed, swallowing, glancing over compassionately at the woman next to him, not being able to imagine what she was going through and how close he could have been sitting in her position. "Have we heard anything about Josh?" he asked, softly.

Topanga shook her head, "Not yet," she answered, offering a small smile as the tension and fear reappeared in the waiting room. Everyone went back to remaining quiet going back to their own thoughts and saying their prayers.

XOXOXOX

"Do you want to talk about what you remember of the accident?" Riley asked, carefully.

Maya closed her eyes as the tears still streamed down her cheeks. She shook her head. "I wasn't awake when it happened," she answered. "The last thing I remember is Josh taking my hand in to his and kissing it then I looked out the window and I fell asleep. I woke up to being jerk and the sound of..." she shook her head, closing her eyes again.

"It's okay," Riley comforted.

"No, it's not! Josh is fighting for his life and I'm perfectly fine."

"Josh is-"

"What if he doesn't make it, Riley?" Maya snapped, cutting her off.

"But he will. You have to remain hopeful-"

"You don't know that! What if those are the final moments I have with him? I was asleep and I didn't get to enjoy those moments with him because I was exhausted because of this baby. This baby drained me of all my energy if I wasn't pregnant I would have been awake! And I could of..." Maya stopped herself, steadying her breathing as the tears continue to fall from her eyes.

Riley remained quiet letting her best friend unleash her anger and fears. She knew Maya still loved and wanted her baby but was upset at the moment and looking for something to blame.

"If he doesn't make it everyone is going to expect me to move on with my life. That will never happen. I will never love anyone the way I love Josh. I've never even dated another guy because it's always been Josh for me," she stopped, taking in a deep breath. "This baby," she said, laying her hand on her stomach. "Will never get to know it's father. Riley, he has to make it," she cried as her best friend held her again.

"Maya," Riley began, softly. "Right now, it's okay to have this anger and your fears of losing Josh but you have to remain strong and hopeful. You know with all of your heart, Josh is not going to leave you and the baby," she told her, trying her best not to let her voice show any fear. "He is going to fight to stay here so you two can live out all of the dreams you have and to see his baby born into the world and all the future babies you two plan to have."

Maya nodded, wiping away some her tears.

The soft knock on the door caught the girls' attention before it opened revealing a doctor who looked to be straight out of surgery. Riley's heart sunk at the expression on the doctor's face and she instantly reached over grabbing her best friend's hand as he walked towards them.

Please me a review with your thoughts or predictions. I love reading them. Thank you!