The Grave

Thank you for all of your reviews and votes.

Disclaimer: I own nothing!

Sorry for any mistakes/grammar mistakes.

Enjoy!

The Grave

"What is taking them so long!"

Everyone looked over at Amy who stood up from her seat and walked over to look out the waiting room window. "We should have heard something by now!"

Topanga's heart broke as she watched her mother-in-law and she tried to ease it some. "They will probably inform Maya first-"

"Why in the world would they do that?" Amy whipped around to look at Topanga.

Topanga frowned, looking at her husband for a quick glance before answering, "Well, Maya is Josh's wife," she answered, unsure of her mother-in-law's reaction.

"I'm his mother. I should be the first to know and Maya is his soon to be ex-wife."

"What?" the entire waiting room gasped at Amy's words.

"What are you talking about?" Shawn asked. "Where did you hear that from? Maya hasn't mentioned anything about her and Josh getting a divorce."

"Because they're not," Lucas spoke up from his seat.

"Oh what do you know you haven't even been here," Amy glared at Lucas. "A mother knows these things."

"I've been here enough to know you are wrong and I know for a fact Maya and Josh aren't getting a divorce."

Shawn looks over at the younger man before looking at the woman who was like a mother to him who is now an in-law, "I think Lucas is right. I see Maya and Josh multiple times a week and I've never seen any tension between the two with anything the two have been more happy and in love if that's even possible. I know Maya has been sick and stress lately but Josh has been at her side."

Amy shook her head at Shawn's words, "Believe what you want but I'm telling you, I know in my heart my baby boy was coming down to tell me that he is getting a divorce. I could hear it in his voice what he had to tell me was important, and he didn't want to say it over the phone that's why he was on his way down to see me."

It was Lucas's turn to shake his head, "With Maya? I think if they were getting a divorce they wouldn't travel together to announce it. Maya definitely wouldn't make that trip with Josh to be there and I also know for a fact that's not why they were coming to visit you"

Amy shrugged as Shawn began to speak but stopped himself as everyone held their breath at the sight of the tear-stricken blonde with her mother and best friend at her side.

Maya could feel the tension in the room as everyone's eyes landed on her. She glanced around room as everyone quickly glanced away once they noticed her eyes on her before hers landed on Shawn who gave her a small reassuring smile.

"Did you hear anything?"

Maya looked over at her mother-in-law and swallowed as she felt Riley's hand start to rub her back comforting.

"The surgery went okay, and they've done their job now it's up to Josh," Riley answered for her best friend. "They are moving him to his room and then a few of us at a time can go and see him."

"But I'm going first," Maya spoke up, swallowing. "Alone," she told everyone as strong she could, shocking even the brunette next to her before going over and sitting in a chair on the opposite of everyone.