Chapter One

--
Katsuki's pov

I was sleeping peacefully one Sunday morning as the sun slowly rose, the warm rays bathing my room in a golden hue.

Keyword: Was.

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!"

"Come on, Daddy, wake up!"

I groaned as I felt two pairs of hands and knees bouncing around me and shaking me awake.

"Daddyyyy!"

I mumbled and stretched, yawning before opening my eyes and smiling. "Alright, alright, I'm up...."

The small five year old wrapped her arms around my neck, her white curls falling on my chest and face.

"Good morning, Daddy!"

"Good morning, Kai. Did you sleep well?"

She quickly sat up and nodded, her ocean blue eyes sparkling and a wide smile on her face. "I had the bestest dream about puppys and kittys and even a tiger! Rawr!"

She made claw shapes with her hands and a cute growl came from her as she imitated a lion, giggling afterwards.

"That sounds like a wonderful dream."

She smiled triumphantly and layed down, curling into my right side and resting her head on my shoulder as I looked at my son.

"What about you Micah? Sweet dreams?"

He shrugged his shoulders and chewed his lip nervously.

I smiled sadly and opened my other arm as he curled into my left side, his scarlet red eyes focusing on a loose string on my shirt.

He rested his head on my chest and his thumb found his mouth as he started sucking on it. Something he's done since the night Sarai left.

Sarai...it means 'princess'. Yeah, some fucking princess she was.

"Same dream, Bud?"

He nodded slightly and I ran my hand through his light, but slightly darker blonde hair in a comforting manner.

"Why didn't you come get me?"

He seemed reluctant to answer, eventually talking around his thumb. "I didn't want to wake you up."

"Aww, Buddy, you know I don't mind you waking me up if you have a bad dream."

He just shrugged and buried his face further into my chest as I sighed.

"Hm- okay then. What's for breakfast, Loves?"

They both looked up at me with a smile on their face.

"Pancakes!"

"Waffles!"

I chuckled as they looked at eachother and giggled.

"Okay. How about both? Hm?"

Their eyes lit up and they looked at me then back to eachother. "Yeah!!"

I sat up and leaned over to kiss Micah's head before doing the same to Kai. "Alrighty. Go on downstairs and I'll meet you there."

They hopped off the bed and ran out of the room.

"Be careful!"

"Okay, Daddy!"

I chuckled and shook my head as I climbed out of bed, adjusted my sweatpants and scratched at the stubble on my chin.

I grabbed my phone, checking for notifications before slipping it in my pocket and padding my way to the stairs and down to the kitchen, where my little buggers were waiting.