Chapter Eighteen

Only edited once
--
Katsuki's pov

"Daddy!"

I laughed as I picked up Kai in my arms. "Hi, Baby! Did you have a good weekend with uncle 'Zu and Sho'?"

She nodded quickly and giggled. "We had ice cream for dinner last night! And it had gummy bears and chocolate syrup!"

I gave Izuku a pointed look and he just shrugged. "We're supposed to spoil them. It's our job as awesome uncles."

I sighed and shook my head. "You just wait until you and Shoto adopt. They will be spoiled to all hell."

He nodded with a small smile. "Okay, Katsuki. Whatever you say."

"They will!" I set my daughter on the ground to hug Eijiro. "If you haven't spoiled them already."

He chuckled and nodded. "Well, you can start next week."

There was a pause before I registered what he meant. "No fucking way! Really?"

He nodded and crossed his arms over his chest. "Yeah, we're fostering a little boy. His name is Kiyoto."

I smiled and pulled him into a loose hug. "Well, that's great. How old is he?"

"He's two. His parents died in a fire about a year ago and he's been in the foster system since." He wrapped his arms around me. "I just don't want it to happen again."

"I know..."

Micah had only been four and Kai three when they had fostered their first kid. She was six and she was shy. She was a great kid and she was with them for about a year before she was adopted.

Izuku was heartbroken. He and Shoto were talking about adopting her before they got the news that she would be leaving their home.

"Why has he not been adopted? I'm sure a kid that young would be adopted easily." I pulled away from the hug and he sighed.

"The social worker said he has developmental issues. He can't really walk yet and he doesn't respond to certain things."

I hummed and nodded, looking to where Eijiro was buckling the kids in the car. "Well, I wish you the best."

I gave him one last squeeze before waving goodbye to Shoto.

"Thank you."

I smiled and nodded. "You're welcome, now if you'll excuse us, we have to feed our kids real food."

He chuckled and waved to Eijiro. "Okay. See you."

"Bye. See you later."

Eijiro kissed my head as I got in the passengers side of the car and he got in the drivers.

"Dad?"

"Yes Micah?"

Eiji looked back to him with a smile.

"What did you and daddy do all weekend?"

"We played."

"With what?"

"Uh..toys."

"What kind of toys?"

I inhaled sharply and sighed.

This was going to be a long ride.

--

Eijiro's pov

"Uncle Denki! 'Toshi!"

I laughed as Denki hugged Kai tightly before doing the same to Micah. "Hey! I missed you two!"