Chapter Fifteen

*Gasp* an on-time update?

--
Eijiro's pov

"Babe? Everything okay?"

I looked up at Katsuki and smiled, nodding.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Micah and Kai are asleep but Niko's just not having it."

He hummed as he unbuttoned his shirt, tossing it in the basket. It was late, maybe ten at night, when he had arrived home.

"Is he sick?"

I shook my head before standing. "He's just fussy. I checked him for a fever and it's fine. He's used the bathroom so he's not gassy or cramping."

I tried to rock the two month old in my arms and sighed as he didn't calm down.

"Here. Give him to me." He reached his arms out, pajama pants on and shirtless.

I handed him over and Katsuki held him to his chest, his head being right over his heart. "Has he eaten?"

"Right before you got home. He shouldn't be hungry." I sat and rubbed my eyes.

"Take your shirt off and lean against the headboard."

I followed his directions as he took the baby's onsie off and laid him on my bare chest. He was still crying as I cradled him and tried to calm him.

I grabbed his tiny hand and rubbed circles into his palm and he almost immediately calmed down to whimpers.

Me and Katsuki both let out sighs of relief as he stopped crying all together.

"I don't know what you just did but you are a miracle worker."

I laughed quietly and continued to rub his palm, cooing at him until he eventually fell asleep. I stood and laid him in his bassinet before slipping my shirt back on and laying in bed.

"I don't know how I did that but I'm glad I did."

Katsuki chuckled before slipping his shirt on and laying next to me, curling up. "He must be a dad's boy."

I laughed quietly. "Must be."

~

"Okay! Micah, Kai. Got your shoes on?"

"I can't find my other shoe! Dad!"

I sighed as I walked in to see Kai on her hands and knees looking for her other pink shoe.

I looked around and saw it under the edge of the couch, grabbing it and helping her slip it on her foot.

"There. Micah, you ready to go see 'Nari!?"

He came running downstairs, skipping a few steps along the way. "Yeah! Let's go!"

"Okay, in the car. Come on."

I grabbed the carseat holding Niko before ushering them out the door and to the waiting car, opeing the door to allow them to climb in.

They buckled up and I snapped the carseat into its base.

Denki and Hitoshi had agreed to help me watch the kids for the day since Katsuki had to work and it was a Saturday.

"Everyone in?" I looked back as I adjusted the mirror, able to see them and the road behind me.

"Yep! Let's go!"

As we arrived the two eldest cheered, unbuckling as soon as the car had stopped. I grabbed my youngest son and headed to the door, followed by them.

The door swung open after a few knocks and were were greeted by Hitoshi.

"Hey. Where's Denki?"

He sighed and shook his head, pointing up the stairs. "Nursery."