two

Bitches and ButtheadsSong: Last Hurrah- Bebe RexhaLuciella's POV

Song: Last Hurrah- Bebe Rexha
Luciella's POV

"Number 187 is at the gate."

I examine my surroundings as the car rolls through the gate after being let through. It speeds down a narrow dirt road surrounded by a dense green forest. Throughout the journey, flashes of silver gleam in my eye which causes confusion to arise in my emotions.

"Patrols."

My head flicks to the guard in the drivers seat, his sunglasses still covering his eyes. "How many are patrolling?"

I catch a slight smirk rise and fall at my question. "That's information only the Guards and Alpha Family can hear, Ms. Kline. If you become the Luna, I may tell you."

"If?" I repeat, slightly amused at our conversations.

"There are forty-nine other women here Ms. Kline. But, my vote is yours on who will win." He announces while turning on another dirt road. "Every guard gets to guess who will win. Unfortunately, you only got three votes. Ms. Teal, the betas daughter, got the most."

I hum. "Interesting. Who voted for me?"

He sighs and shakes his head. "We each go by a code, Ms. Kline. Myself is 4B. The other two are 127C and A23." My eyebrows knit together while questions pop up in my head automatically. "Yes, it's a odd way of dividing us guards but each letter is a separate diversity. My group, the B's, are high ranked guards that only stay within the perimeter of the pack house."

A's are personal guards for the alpha family and close friends. You should receive one when you arrive at the house."

Humming again, I move my gaze to the exterior of the car and watch trees pass by in a blur. Houses start to enter my vision as we near our destination, the different sizes and colors ranging on a large scale. "How many people live in the perimeter?"

"About six-hundred." He answers. "Most are friends and family but the others are either workers or business partners."

"You can tell me that but you can't tell me how many patrols there are?" I accuse, lips turning downward. "I think the whole 'only guards and alpha family can hear' is bullshit."

The driver laughs at my response and looks at me through the mirror, a glint of proudness radiating in his smile. "You'll find out in a couple days, don't worry."

"Couple days?"  I ask, my hands clasping together to hold back my frustration. "Why not tell me now?"

He only ignores me and continues driving, my eyes catching another smirk on his face. "We're here."

Removing my eyes from his, I glance past the window and gasp from the beauty of the pack house. White walls that hold the structure together span across a large field of green grass and flower pots. A black roof sits on top while glass window panes scatter across the outskirts in a brilliant pattern.