nine

Mental TouchSong: When We Were Young- AdeleLucialla's POV

Mental Touch
Song: When We Were Young- Adele
Lucialla's POV

"You know."

His hand pushes closer, tempting to be touched and clear the question between the both of us. I flinch away at the proximity and gasp, unsure wether I should grasp his hand or not.

"You were informed earlier, I suspected you'd wish to find out if it was true."

I stutter. "H-how-"

"The Alphas were informed of the situation, each of us receiving a name as to who our mate would be." Felix reveals, my lips parting in realization.

"You think it's me?"

He chuckles, amused of my question. "I know it's you." He murmurs, his hand inching closer.

I laugh nervously. "There could be another Luciella-"

"Ella." I frown, nervous. "Just touch my hand."

I lift my shaky hand and move it to hover over his open palm, the distance between our skin warm. Before resting it in his, I glance up at Felix and meet his eyes that grow darker in anticipation, a small reassuring smile gracing his lips as I watch him.

In the next second, Felix takes the move and grips my hand, his eyes almost black as he registers our connection. I gasp at the feeling, thousands of sparks erupting amongst our connected skin as he starts to move his hand further up my arm in curiosity to the pleasure. I gasp again as the feeling becomes stronger, a warmth of tranquility rushing through my body as we remain attached.

"Felix." I whisper, amazed of the newfound fondness.

The male growls in response and suddenly grips my upper arm to pull me forward into his broad chest. I raise my hands before impact and rest them on his torso, stilling as the bond takes action between us. Felix nuzzles his head in my neck and lightly bushes his lips on my skin, arms wrapping around my body to push me closer to his much larger frame.

"Felix." I whisper again, trying to capture his attention.

He hums in response, moving his head to rest on the crown of my head.

"Can you let me go?" I swallow down the lump in my throat, slightly pushing at his chest. "I need a minute to think."

He complies to my request and eventually lets me go, watching me carefully as he takes a few steps back to give me space. "I'm not expecting you to rush into this, I'll give you time to process the situation and get comfortable with the bond." He murmurs.

Although he has made space between us, the mating bond still embraces my body. I take in the warmth and comfort the bond graces my soul with, the small buzz of adrenaline that continues to race through my blood due to the fact that Felix is still a few feet away. For a moment, I feel a force enter my head, a whisper of a touch grazing my mind.