six

FoesSong: Graveyard- HalseyLuciella's POV

Foes
Song: Graveyard- Halsey
Luciella's POV

My thoughts have driven me mad for most of the night, sleep never nearing until early in the morning when I heard maids start to bustle outside the door. I maybe closed my eyes for an hour or two before we were roused by a few sharp knocks on the door.

A growl lodges its way in the back of my throat as I awake, last nights memories suddenly barreling against my skull. Isabel watches me with half opened eyes, a yawn suddenly overcoming her mouth as she sits upright on her bed.

"What time is it?" She mumbles tiredly, stretching her limbs.

I sigh, taking a glance at the clock displayed on the wall behind us before groaning in distaste. "Six."

The sun was just starting to rise, a red hue coating the walls as it shone through the window. I was never an early riser, considering I stayed up late at night and woke later in the afternoon to work my evening shift, but there were times I got up earlier just to grab a cup of coffee and sit outside with my mother before she went to work. It wasn't a weekly or monthly thing, but rather a spontaneous moment when she had time in the morning to keep me company. It was a moment I cherished between us.

"Are you okay? You seem... a bit flushed." Brushing past Isabel and her comment, I gather a casual outfit for the day from the closet and stash it underneath my arm, moving to the bathroom only to be stopped by the blonde. "What's bothering you?"

I hesitate with my answer, now only noticing how keen she is to know everything about me. "I'm okay, just nervous for today." My answer is short but enough to keep her satisfied, my thoughts trailing back to last night and how open she became when I told her how close I was with Felix. Even after I came back from speaking with Felix privately, she immediately questioned me.

Is she using me to get information about Felix?

My thoughts yet again go haywire.

"I'll be quick." I tell her, closing the door to the bathroom and prepping a shower.

I conclude to keep my situation with the Alpha quiet for now, only answering with inaccurate information or in general just ignoring the topic. My head doesn't need to be a target for these women, and my plan is to keep a low profile around them.

The schedule for today was uninteresting, considering we were to have breakfast with all thirty-nine women and Felix then have a six hour time period to explore town or the pack house. It was basically free time, but they listed what we were to do as we waited for the final event of the day, another elimination period. It was supposed to be the first for the festival, a period to kick all females out that are obviously not suited for the Luna position, but Felix decided to do that by choice last night.