seven

MateSong: Teeth- 5SOSLuciella's POV

Mate
Song: Teeth- 5SOS
Luciella's POV

"We usually don't converse with the individuals for this project, but you are an exception."

"What project?"

Shay smiles politely, pulling her long curly hair into a low ponytail. We are seated in a quieter room of the house that is on the first floor, a desk positioned in the center with piles of paper flooding the surface.

"I was sent by someone, in which they wanted me to speak with you about your relationship with Felix."

My eyes partially close in a glare as she mentions Felix's name, clenching a fist behind my back. "Who?" I lick my bottom lip in anticipation, clenching my jaw as she shrugs. "I'm not speaking with you if you can't answer my questions."

"Please understand that I cannot answer some of your questions, I was sworn to secrecy by the head of this operation." Shay watches me carefully, green eyes seemingly turning lighter. "Unless I am given different orders, they will be unknown to you."

As I watch her, the scar on her cheek brings me back to the conversation we had earlier. I tilt my head as I stare, furrowing my eyebrows. "Did you lie about the attack? Does your mom actually work at the hospital?"

"I am not a liar, Luciella." Shay grabs a stack of papers amongst the desk and flips through them, eyes scanning the pages. "Please try to trust me, I'm one of the few people here that actually worries about you."

"There's no need to worry, I'm perfectly cap-"

Shay drops the papers, looking up at me. "You do realize everyone here knows about you and Felix's past, right?" She pauses, only proceeding when I take a sharp intake of breath. "There's a handful of people here that want you out of the competition, that want you dead, Luciella."

I watch her round the desk, a sigh escaping her lips as she leans against the front and crosses her arms. "Most of those females out there? They want you gone. It may not seem like it but you should hear the things they say about you behind your back. You are a threat to them. You are in their way of trying to get Felix's heart."

"I don't care about the competition, though. I don't want the Luna position."

"Then why did you come?"

I open my mouth to speak but choke on my words, pulling my lips together before turning my eyes to the floor. "I don't know." I mutter.

"You don't know?" Shay chuckles at my comment, murmuring something before sighing again. "He will choose you."

I jerk my head up, eyes wide.

"Because you are his mate."