eight

Touch Song: Needed Me- RihannaLucialla's POV

Touch
Song: Needed Me- Rihanna
Lucialla's POV

Mates. They don't exist.

"Clare."

The voice brings my attention back to the man standing in front of us, all other females standing near me as we watch the Alpha in anticipation.

My supposed mate.

How?

A brunette steps out of the group, muttering something under her breath before nodding a goodbye to Felix in respect.

I take a glimpse at Shay who casually sways from side to side, shoulders relaxed and body elegantly dressed in a dark green velvet body-con dress. The red head turns her head slightly to the side and our eyes clash, a small pull at the corner of her mouth clarifying she knows I've been looking.

"Because you are his mate."

I inhale sharply and turn my focus back to Felix, the words echoing in my mind as I think back to our conversation.

"Alexandra."

I don't trust Shay enough to believe her. Other than the fact that we've just met, bonds are completely erased from our world. With some men being the greedy assholes that they are, the Moon Goddess no longer gets to decide who our destined ones are.

Our fate belongs in our own hands.

Another female steps away from the group, eight more names needed to be called before the night is over. The process takes forever, yet it's awfully amusing to watch some of these ladies throw a tantrum as they leave.

I take notice of Felix's father behind a few cameras, eyes watching carefully as his son decides the future of the pack. It's quite noticeable that he doesn't agree with his choices, the clenched jaw and fisted hands showing his disapproval for the situation, yet he really has no say in what happens. He can only give advice behind closed doors.

"Isabel."

My eyes widen a fraction at the familiar name being called, my roommate stepping forward and side-eying me as she passes. A small smile twists at her lips before she turns to Felix, nodding her head respectively before exiting out the door. I frown at the elimination of my only close acquaintance, teeth pulling at my bottom lip before refocusing back on Felix.

The male eyes me warily, noting my expression of surprise before exhaling deeply and glancing at the other females.

"Rita."

I take a quick glance at Shay again, eyebrows furrowing as I catch her watching me. She lifts her hands and wraps her slim fingers around the other hands wrist, tilting her head towards the male before us. I tilt my head in confusion and she grabs her arm again in response, silently trying to communicate with me.

Grab his arm?

A throat clears and I twist my head toward the front quickly, catching the Alpha's cold stare before he smiles politely to the girl that exits the room.

Touch him?

My lips part in realization, taking another glance at Shay to confirm but noticing her concentration solely on Felix as he decides another girl to eliminate. The red head clearly snuck her way into The Choosing Festival by this 'unknown' and was here for the sole purpose of getting Felix and I together, to bring the 'bond' to life.

"Shay."

I snap my gaze to Shay and evaluate her rather calm expression, Felix's eyes that have now started to drill in the side of my head creating a rather alarming reaction from my body. As she passes by, she smirks and winks in my direction, mouthing words that I easily catch.

"Touch him."

It was close to fifteen minutes later before the cameras were shut off and the remaining thirty females were ushered out of the room

It was close to fifteen minutes later before the cameras were shut off and the remaining thirty females were ushered out of the room. The last five women that were eliminated left willingly, politely nodding toward our Alpha and taking a quick leave.

"Luciella, may I have a moment?"

Felix stands proudly on the stage, eyeing me with seemingly brighter green eyes. The neat tux that fits around his body has now come undone as well as the loose tie around his neck, hair that was styled earlier by the stylists now disheveled as his hands brush through the long locks.

I side step a few women that pass me, glancing at them as they silently sneer in my direction. The conversation Shay and I had earlier is yet again brought back to my mind and the comments regarding the other contestants hating my guts relish in my head. This was the first time anyone decided to openly reveal their feelings and dislike for me in this festival.

Felix starts to move away from the center of the room, taking large steps toward the door situated on the opposite side of the room. The thoughts that have clouded my head vanish as I rush to catch up with him.

When I'm out of earshot from the others, I whisper his name as he keeps his long strides, continuing down the hall and toward a room situated at the end. "Can you slow down?" I murmur.

Green eyes glance back at me, amused. "Keep up."

Felix stops in front of the door, gripping the handle and opening it for me to enter first. I eye him warily before stepping through, analyzing the room and immediately noticing the large desk in the far back. A couch and two loveseats grace the right side and a large window expands on the left wall, the view of the mountains that stretch across the south side of the territory bringing back memories of when the little me wished to climb the snowy tops.

"You know-" I start, glancing back at Felix as he closes the door, "you promised me we'd take a hike up the mountains when we were younger."

He chuckles and steps forward toward the window, crossing his arms as he stares out toward the view. "Not sure if those mountains would be the safest to journey on, Ella." Felix murmurs, turning his attention to me.

My eyes drift to the mountains, avoiding his gaze. "What did you need?" I ask.

He's silent for a few seconds, still staring at me as I look out the window, before he suddenly moves his hand palm up in front of me. I stiffen at the gesture and analyze his hand cautiously.

"Go ahead."

I furrow my eyebrows and look at him. "What?"

I knew exactly what he meant.

"Touch me."