12: His Regretful Ways

-It hurts that only the sheer feeling of regret can soften a brutal side. It hurts that stone hearts only soften after doing the damage-

As a child, I had seen my grandmother faint. I had heard a loud 'thud' that sounded akin to the sound of a slap and seen my grandmother faint. My parents didn't know why. My grandpa had said that she had just overworked herself. but I was the one who had seen it all. 

I had rushed in from my grandmother's garden and seen my grandfather panic as he rubbed his fists in frustration. My grandmother was on the floor. 

The scene had been strange, but it had been strange when my grandma had woken up. Grandpa had grabbed her hand, shed a tear and whispered 'sorry'. My grandmother had simply smiled in acceptance. 

No more grovelling, so complaints from my grandmother. 

A simple sorry whispered with a show of guilt had been enough.

My grandmother had called it sacrifices made for love. 

****

It was cold where my heart was healing, painful being lost in a sheer void. I didn't know how to feel. My senses were trembling with nightmares, exhausting itself enough to discomfort my mind. Shivering and fidgety, I found myself opening my eyes and finally returning back to a state of consciousness. My heart was beating fast as I sat up, parched, confused and looked around. 

The nightmares...the feeling of unexplainable fear...they had me feeling so broken and overwhelmed. I could still feel their weight suffocating me, Groggily looking around, my gaze narrowed at the sight of sheer white surrounding me and halted on the thin drip attached to my hand. 

What was going on?

The nerves of my left hand were painfully pulsing because of the needle pierced inside it and my heartbeat was loudly echoing across the room because of being displayed on the heartbeat monitor. I was in a hospital room, but I couldn't figure out why exactly I was there and where was everyone. 

The doctors, the nurses...Demir?

Why had I woken up all alone?

My hospital room only comprised of a simple white bed, with a brown side-tale placed on its right side and a silver chair placed on its left side, a heartbeat monitor machine and a glucose stand. Also, there was a pungent scent of medicines floating in the air and beeping sounding which irritated my 'already' hurting brain. 

Memories of what had happened had started pouring in. Although I was suffering from a terrible migraine, it had finally clicked. My husband...the snake...I had pushed Demir, so I would be attacked by the vicious reptile, but I had no idea what had happened after that. 

Did Demir bring me here? 

How long was I out?

Feeling myself shift in anxiety and agitation, my heart jumped as the room door now opened and in stepped an old woman wearing a lab coat. She was carrying a white notepad in her hands and smiled upon seeing me awake.

"Finally," she smiled, walking towards me. "How are you feeling?" She touched my forehead. I flinched back in return. Everything still seemed quite disorienting. 

"Hmmm...you still are suffering from mild fever," she spoke sympathetically, writing this bit down on her notepad. I gulped awkwardly. 

"Umm...can you tell me what happened, Ma'am," I spoke, my voice sounding scratchy because of dryness. I was desperate for a glass of water. 

"Well," she sat down next to me, placing the notepad on her side and patting my left knee. "You were suffering from a reptile bite, but thankfully, your husband bought you here just in time. It's been around fourteen hours since you have been in this bed. I am glad you are awake."