30: Silver Plates and Drama

-There were moments when he almost fooled her-

Having the room service continuously treat me with fresh fruit juice and delicious salads seemed oddly relaxing. Staying in a 'seven-star' hotel was a luxury only a few got to enjoy, and I couldn't believe how I was allowed to enjoy this luxury for a month. My heart...it was racing at the sensation of being taken care of, while I lounged in my suite's lounge and stared out of its wall-length window...at the blue lake and the faraway mountains. 

Feeling surreal by the sensation that I actually knew the person who owned this hotel made my soul shake in an uncomfortable way...a sudden sense of feeling how foolish I was to truly be challenging someone with this much wealth and authority stung me, but I knew that I wasn't supposed to get intimidated by this. Wealth, authority and money...they couldn't weigh a dime before a broken heart. I wasn't staying here on my own will. 

There had been conditions.  

Sipping orange juice from a white straw, I was just about to get up and grab my favourite novel from my brown bag when my suite-bell rang again. I winced. This level of special treatment and attention...it was literally starting to embarrass me. I didn't know how I was supposed to respond back. 

Walking towards the door and opening it, I smiled as one of the helping ladies of the hotel stood before me, carrying a 'food-loaded' tray in her hands. I chuckled at the ridiculousness of the situation.

"I just had a huge bowl of Russian salad," I smiled in an amused manner, making her shake her head.

"No, Ma'am, we have strict instructions to serve you our restaurant's 'main dish of the day' for lunch. You have to try our spicy ravioli with mint and pepper sauce." She began walking inside my room, but I had enough of this treatment. 

"Ummm...mind if I join you guys for lunch at your restaurant, downstairs?" I offered, instead. She nodded.

"Course. That will be an honour for us." 

***

Upon stepping outside my suite and heading towards the ground floor, I felt like an odd sensation of vulnerability fill my veins. I didn't want to face Demir, didn't want him to see me looking impressed by his hotel. The power he could have with that knowledge...the way he could intimidate me...it would be disastrous. I couldn't let him get hold of my fallen shields and see my inner turmoil. 

Nervously reaching the ground floor, I sighed at the sight of the main centre being crowded by guests and visitors. Demir would definitely not be able to spot me in this place. Sneaking my way towards the restaurants, I beamed as I finally reached it and stepped inside. 

Immediately, two managers rushed to my side. 

"Ma'am, please come with us." They ushered me to a table which was placed a bit away from the rest of the tables, next to a wall-length window peering at the lush gardens, and looked rather grand.