Epilogue

-Let the sweetened roses fill the warm air-

The twirling wind caught me. I swirled around and saw my daydream standing before me...an adoring smile was on his face. The wind swayed with our senses...both of our hearts beating. Smiling, we grabbed hands and started our beautiful journey together. 

2 years later. 

The rocking sensation of happiness....it had morphed into my biggest flex. Demir and I...we had pushed away the wounds that had been so painful and immersed ourselves in a beautiful rosy tale. With hearts always giddy and adoring, we were so obsessed and madly insane about each other. Sometimes, it felt like the past was just a distant reminder of how agonizing things could be, how nothing would make sense, if we didn't adore each other. 

Now, sitting in the gaming lounge of my husband's cruise. I played with my one-year-daughter, cooing as she blabbered excitedly. She had gone through so much. Having adopted her from a homeless shelter-for which I was hosting a charity function, I had to work on her opening up. She used to be a reserved and shy baby...could only hear from one ear, but I managed to heal her baby heart. 

Together, Demir and I...we vowed to take care of Sara. We were smitten the moment she looked at us with her big brown eyes and grabbed my fingers in her tiny dimpled fists. Her chubby cheeks, ringlets, and pure innocence were what made me want to protect this baby forever. Her vulnerability and total dependence on me was what made me feel so responsible and needy. 

Chuckling, I tickled Sara, feeling my heart grow tender as she let out a giggled loudly and shyly hugged me. She was so adorable. While both of us bonded on the couch, Sonia, Asmara and Meeran were busy playing different games. There were archery stands, a bowling alley, table-tennis tables, random gym bicycles placed all across the marble floor. This lounge was actually prepared on my request. I wanted this cruise to have a sentimental touch. 

Now with all of our relatives invited for a cruise party, I couldn't help but feel how much times had changed. The Sonia, Aliya...duo...a friendship I had once cherished so much was no longer strong. Aliya had moved to England for completing her master's degrees. And, Sonia...unlike her mother who refused to attend this party, she had grown close to us; Asmara and Meeran particularly. It was because of Zaheer. 

Zaheer had managed to charm Meeran. I don't know how exactly he and Meeran fell for each other, how the narrow-minded villagers allowed Zaheer to marry a divorced city girl who only a year before their marriage moved on from her ex, but their wedding had been the biggest shock of my life. Demir, however, looked the happiest and relieved on their wedding day. He claimed that he was happy for Meeran, but I wasn't really buying it. My husband was a jealous brute. It was adorable seeing how he used to fume at the mention of Zaheer, but no more. All hearts had been healed. Everyone had received their dreamt happy endings. I was a little disappointed that Zaheer couldn't show up for our party. Meeran said he was prone to terrible sea-sickness, but I wanted everyone to come and have a wonderful time. 

 Awing as Sara now yawned and tiredly started rubbing her eyes, I was about to cradle her when Demir stepped into the lounge. He seemed to be searching for someone. As his gaze fell upon me, a huge smirk appeared on his face, and he walked towards me while randomly ruffling his hair. The couches were placed on one side of the lounge while the gaming-setups were placed on the other side. 

I pushed Sara into a more comfortable position as Demir now sat next to me, one arm placed on around the headrest, behind me...and the other sweetly caressed  Sara's chubby cheeks in adoration who blabbered with excitement

"I was looking for you," he spoke, now pinching Sara's cheeks. I slapped his hands away. 

"Knock it off. She is tired. Let her sleep..." I scolded, returning my gaze back to Sara and gently caressing her cheeks in a soothing way. Demir gazed at me for a second. However, when I looked back at him with a raised eyebrow, he seemed to shake his head, like he was snapping himself out of a deep daze and smiled.