29: The Hotel Mania

-His delusions could no longer fool me-

There are moments when you shatter...you lose yourself to the oblivion where pain seems extreme and hope looks like a faded delusion, but then, you pull yourself out of that misery...you get up and show strength. For moments, you are even able to smile, but the damage that has been done to your soul will always leave a painful mark. The naivety, the purity and the extreme joy that pain stole...it will forever be gone, and you will only learn to live with the part you lose to one of your first heartbreaks and miseries. 

My emotions had turned quiet. Every now and then, I would shiver with the reminder of memories that broke me, but there was no way that I was going to stay there. The bitterness of my scars would soil my soul, but I had learned to push them aside and move on. 

Giving Demir one month had been a decision purely made on the fact that I owed Madam Geena a lot, but there was no way I was going to allow him to feel like he had a chance to heal my wounds; he couldn't mend what he had broken. I knew that his heart would toxically continue breaking me while his soul adored Meeran, and I would never again allow myself to become part of that mind game...that mental fickleness. 

Now dragging my brown suitcase along, I stepped inside the 'Pearl Inn hotel' with my heart determined to quickly be done with this one month stay. Demir had texted me last night that he had his staff prepare a suite for me, and that he would personally drive to his hotel in the morning, but I simply ignored his text and decided to hail a taxi to his hotel. 

Even when Demir and I had started to get along, I was never given a tour of his hotels. I was the typical wife who stayed home and dutifully waited for her husband, while he explored the world. Back then, I believed that I needed to show Demir that I didn't care about his wealth, so tried to really keep my nose out of his business expenditures, whereas he considered me an escape from his hectic wealthy routines so didn't really ask for my input on business matters. It was toxic how badly we were trying to cling to our bond. Too many compromises...facades and compromises. 

Moving down the corridors of the Pearl Inn, my eyes felt growing round by the beauty of this 'seven-star' place. Beautiful white corridors, passing through a huge waiting room, led me straight towards the hotel's main entrance, which was so beautiful, luxurious and plain classy. I almost felt awkward coming to this hotel without even washing my face in the morning, but it didn't really matter. I had been afraid that Demir would show up at the place I was staying at, so made sure to reach his hotel before he could get to me. I had chosen to stay for a month, but there was no way I was going to tolerate his presence more than necessary. He wanted to play this game...I simply wanted to end it. 

Tensely tightening the hold on the shoulder strap of my luggage bag, I headed towards the nearest reception counter, passing by a wall-length fish aquarium and stopped before a line of clients formed before the reception desk. There were red string poles that were making sure no one tried to cut the line. Mostly foreigners and rich folks could be seen standing in this line. 

An aura of rich sophistication and subtle arrogance was lingering in the air. I no longer bothered with such hostile feelings. Fearing that any delay here would lead to Demir catching up with me, I saw another reception desk set on one side with the letters 'R.VIP' labelled on it and only a few folks gathered near it.  

Bingo!

I really didn't want to do this, but I was desperate for some added advantage. Quickly rushing towards that desk, my heart pounded as I eyed the reception lady attending the customers with a composed look. She looked so like a part of this extremely wealthy atmosphere. My lack of style and shabby-looking luggage bag might not have the best impression on her.