Chapter 1: The Forgotten

Just then, Khanet and Khanis walked over to the love-struck Anubis and really confused Anput. "Come on, guys. We're heading back to the palace." Khanis stated. So they walked back to the palace, so they could spend more time together. While they were spending time together, Khanet and Khanis's long lost cousin, Nekar was working on an experiment.

He was a magician, mathematician, and physicist. Nekar, over time, became a very powerful magician and later on became Isis's apprentice when he was eighteen years old. Nekar's father, Pharaoh Khoti, King of Luxor, walked into Nekar's room as he was finishing up on the experiment. His father didn't know he was a magician, mathematician, or physicist, so Nekar hid his experiment before his father noticed his project.

Nekar turned around quickly to see his father. "Nekar." Khoti boomed. "Yes, Father?" Nekar replied. "Now that you're older, we can go back to Egypt and you can see your cousins again." Khoti explained. "But, Father. We got banned from Egypt by uncle Khotep. Remember?" Nekar added. "I remember. But so many years have passed though. Hopefully, it's safe to go back since it's been so long. Khotep might actually be happy to see me after all this time." Khoti answered. "I'll take your word for it." Nekar responded.

"Get ready to go. We will be leaving in a little bit." Khoti explained. As soon as his father left, Nekar began packing his stuff even his experiment. Once Nekar finished packing, he ran downstairs, through the gate, and saw his father ready to go in the chariot. Nekar got on the chariot and they rode off to the main quarters of Egypt, where Khanis ruled over. Khanis was sitting on his throne, unaware of the surprise visit from his cousin that he hasn't seen in forever.

Pharaoh Khoti and Nekar finally arrived after riding the chariot for awhile. They walked to the front gate and the guards didn't let them through. "I'm here to see your king." Khoti responded. "Why should we let you through? You betrayed the king. You traitor." the first guard stated. "Please let me through. I've changed. Give me a second chance." Khoti answered. The guards looked at each other and then unlocked the gate. Khoti and Nekar walked through the gate. While they were walking through the gate, the first guard stated "It's your funeral. Don't do anything stupid." The guards then locked the gate. The royal advisor was standing in front of the palace doors. "I want to see your king." Khoti replied.

The royal advisor nodded and walked through the doors. "Your Majesty. You have visitors." the royal advisor replied. "Oh great. Send them in." Khanis exclaimed enthusiastically. The royal advisor walked away, so he could grab Pharaoh Khoti and Nekar. "His Majesty can see you now." the royal advisor replied. The royal advisor walked Khoti and Nekar inside. Then, he walked away.
"Why are you here?" Khanis asked. Khoti noticed that Khotep wasn't sitting on the throne. "Where is Khotep?" Khoti asked Khanis. "Khotep is dead. My father was a great leader though. But, I Khanis, will become as great of a leader as my father once was." Khanis stated. "Now tell me, why are you here?" Khanis boomed. Nekar replied "Khanis. It's me. Nekar. Your cousin." "And I'm your uncle Khoti." Khoti added. Khanis gasped and got up from his throne.

He then walked up to Nekar and hugged him. Nekar hugged Khanis back. "It's been forever, cousin." Khanis stated. "I know. That's why I came." Nekar replied back. Khanet then walked into the room. "Who are they?" Khanet asked. "This is our cousin Nekar and uncle Khoti." Khanis explained. She ran into Nekar and hugged him.

They then stopped hugging. "The last time I saw you, you were just a tiny thing." Khoti replied. "Oh uncle." Khanet responded. Khoti just laughed. For the rest of the day, they hung out and talked for hours. That night, Anubis was sitting in his room, when Aya's falcon brought him a letter saying 'Meet me in the middle of town at dawn. Sincerely, Aya.' Anubis grabbed the letter as the falcon flew away and read it. "Who's Aya?" Anubis asked himself. "Guess I will find out at dawn." Anubis replied. He set the letter on the bedside table and closed his eyes. Then, everyone else went to sleep.