Chapter 5: Revenge For The Taking

The hours passed as they dragged their feet against the surface of the sand. The sun was setting and the moon was slowly rising from the horizon. "We should probably continue traveling tomorrow." Khanis announced. "Why can't we continue traveling tonight?" Iris asked Khanis. "Because if we continue traveling tonight, first of all, we won't be able to see and second of all, we will be very tired tomorrow, if we don't get our sleep." Khanis explained to Iris. "Got it." Iris replied back. "Let's set up camp." Khanis stated.

They then began laying their mats out and started up a fire. Anubis and Aya decided to divert away from the others, so they could go on a date. "You see those stars up in the sky?" Anubis asked Aya as he pointed at the stars. "Yeah. I do." Aya replied to Anubis. "You are as beautiful as those stars shining in the darkness of the night." Anubis stated. Aya blushed and smiled at Anubis. Anubis smiled back at Aya. They then kissed as the stars continued twinkling in the sky.

Anubis and Aya walked back to their camp area only to find that everyone was asleep. Anubis put out the fire and took his mat out. Aya took her mat out as well and laid it next to Anubis's mat. They both laid down and Aya snuggled with Anubis. He looked at her with his arm behind his head. Anubis wrapped his other arm around her. He looked up at the stars and then closed his eyes for the night.

The next day, everyone got up, ate breakfast, packed their stuff, and continued their quest. After awhile, they finally saw Khanet standing in the distance. Khanet used her senses that she gained from Evil Anubis's possession over her to sense Khanis's arrival. She then opened her eyes. Her eyes were blood red to show that she was evil. With her back turned towards Khanis, she smiled evilly like Evil Anubis would.

She then decided to turn around. "Khanis. So nice to see you." Khanet exclaimed. She then cackled and started walking towards Khanis.