Chapter 9: A Romantic Trip Back Home

The girls ran towards the others as they put their weapons away. They ran into Khanet's bag on the way. So, Khanet grabbed it and put it on her back. Once they got to the others, Khanet replied "Let's go home." "Agreed." Khanis replied back. They then began packing all their stuff and started to head home.

A couple hours passed and night time was sneaking up on them. Everyone decided to make camp. They unpacked their mats and lit their wood for fire. "Wait. Let me get this straight. You're a magician, mathematician, and physicist?" Khanis asked. "Yep. I do magic, mathematics, and science." Nekar answered. "Wow. You must be pretty smart." Khanis replied.

"Yeah and get this. When I was eighteen years old, Isis saw my true potential in magic and turned me into her apprentice." Nekar added. "At eighteen?" Khanis asked. "Yep." Nekar replied. "Wow." Khanis exclaimed. "So cool." Khanet remarked. "Thank you. But enough about me. Let's talk about you guys. So...Khanis. You're the King?" Nekar declared. "Yes and Khanet here is my General." Khanis replied. "General? Wow. That's like the highest rank there is." Nekar added.

"I know." Khanet exclaimed. "Khanis. How did you become King anyways?" Nekar asked. "Oh. Well...my father died from a snake bite and my mother died from a horrible illness." Khanis explained. "That's too bad." Nekar stated. "Yeah. They were good parents." Khanis replied. "Hey. At least, your dad isn't a troublemaker." Nekar joked. They then started laughing.

"Hey, Aya." Anubis exclaimed. Aya turned to look at Anubis. "Yes, Anubis?" Aya replied. "Let's go on another date, shall we?" Anubis declared. "Sure." Aya exclaimed. They then got up and walked away from the others. When they got far away from the group, they stopped walking. They turned to look at each other and kissed.

Once they stopped kissing, they looked at the stars again. Aya placed her hand on Anubis's chest as they began holding each other close. Anubis then turned towards Aya. She removed her hand from his chest as they untangled from each other. "Listen, Aya. There's something that I've put a lot of thought into and it's something that I really want to do." Anubis replied.

"And what's that, Anubis?" Aya asked as she turned towards him.

Anubis then got down on one knee and grabbed one of her hands. She started to gasp. "Aya. Will you become my Queen of Death?" Anubis asked. "Are you asking me to marry you?" Aya asked. "That's what I intended." Anubis declared. "Isn't it a little too soon?" Aya then asked. "Yes it is. But my heart is telling me to do the right thing." Anubis stated. "Ok." Aya responded.

"Wait. Isn't your sister the Queen of Death?" Aya asked. "She's not my Queen of Death?" Anubis exclaimed. "Are you doing this because you don't want me to marry Evil Anubis?" Aya then asked. "Were you going to?" Anubis asked. "No. I didn't want to anyways." Aya answered. "Then no. Clearly, I'm doing this from the bottom of my heart. So, will you marry me?" Anubis stated.

Aya thought for a moment. Anubis was freaking out on the inside about whether she was going to say yes or no. "Yes." Aya answered. Anubis stood up, picked Aya up, and swung her around. They laughed and laughed. He then set her down and they both headed back to the campsite.

When they got back, everyone was sound asleep. Anubis put the fire out and Aya laid down on Anubis's mat. Anubis then went and laid next to Aya on his mat. Within seconds, they fell asleep too. The next day, everyone got up and got ready for the day. They ate their breakfast and began packing their stuff.

They stood up and journeyed back home. While they were walking, Anubis announced "Everyone. Me and Aya are getting married." They all cheered with joy. "Is that why it took you guys so long to come back?" Khanis asked Anubis. "Yes. That's why it took us so long to come back." Anubis replied. "Well me and Khanis are happy for you. It's about time you started your life with someone new." Khanet stated. "Khanet. I think everyone here is happy for them." Khanis replied. "I know." Khanet exclaimed. They then continued their journey back home.