Chapter 4: No Turning Back

Thoth saw this and decided to tell Khanis about his sister being possessed by Evil Anubis. He dropped into Khanis's palace in front of his throne in a sand tornado. "Khanis. There's something important I need to tell you." Thoth replied. "What do you need to tell me, Thoth?" Khanis asked. "Your sister got possessed by Evil Anubis." Thoth reported. "What? Are you sure?" Khanis asked.

"I'm positive. I saw this happen while I was in the heavens." Thoth explained. "I should probably find her and put a stop to this." Khanis stated. "But honey, who is going to watch the kingdom when we're gone?" Iris asked her husband. "Rest assured, dear. We will find someone." Khanis replied to his wife. He then thought for a moment.

"I know who can watch the kingdom." He exclaimed. "Who?" Iris asked. "My uncle Khoti can watch over the kingdom." Khanis answered. "I thought you said that he wanted to rule Egypt." Iris pointed out. "He knows I'm the king and I'll tell him that just because he's ruling over the kingdom for now, that doesn't necessarily make it his permanently. At least he's not like Evil Anubis." Khanis explained. "You're right." Iris exclaimed. Khanis then got up from his throne and walked down the steps. "Where are you going?" Iris asked.

"I'm going to pack my stuff and if you're coming with me, you should pack your stuff too." Khanis explained. "Ok." Iris replied as she got up from her throne. She walked down the steps and tried to catch up to Khanis. "Thank you for telling us, Thoth." Khanis yelled. Thoth nodded and then disappeared. When Khanis and Iris got to their room, Khanis opened the door and they walked inside.

"I can't believe Khanet got possessed." Khanis replied. "I can't believe it either. We should hurry, so we can save her." Iris exclaimed. Khanis nodded and began packing his stuff."Wait. How did she get possessed other than the fact that Evil Anubis possessed her?" Iris asked. "What do you mean?" Khanis asked. "When did this all start? I thought she was in the palace." Iris then asked. "Me and Khanet had a tiff and she may have stormed off into the desert, where she got possessed." Khanis explained. "Oh." Iris replied. Iris then began packing her stuff too. Once they were done packing, they went to go tell everyone about the trip even Pharaoh Khoti. Aya was spying on them with her super sight and packed her stuff too. She knew that Anubis was going on this mission and she wanted to go with him. Aya did it because she was madly in love with Anubis and would do anything to be with him. So, she found it as an excuse to be with him before the date they were supposed to have that night.

Ra then teleported her to Anubis. "Hey, cutie pie." Aya stated. "Hey. What are you doing here? The date isn't until tonight." Anubis replied. "I saw and heard that you were going off to war with my Jackal senses. I want to come too." Aya explained. "Alright. Let's get going." Anubis exclaimed. They all left the front gate together and continued their journey.