Chapter 10: The Deadly Are in Love

The hours passed and after awhile, they had finally made it to the palace. The guards saw Khanis and opened the gate. They walked through the gate and through the palace doors. Once they got in the palace, Khoti saw that Khanis had returned from his travels and got out of Khanis's throne. Khanis and Iris then walked up to the thrones and sat down. Khanis stretched and replied "It's good to be home." "Yeah. No more evil, red-eyed, clones of gods." Iris replied back as she snuggled in her throne. Khanis then dismissed everyone, so they could go to their rooms.

As Anubis and Aya walked to their room, Anubis declared "Today we plan, tomorrow we wed." "Sounds great." Aya stated while smiling weakly. "Is something wrong?" Anubis asked. "Don't you think we're rushing into this too fast? I mean we only just met like a couple days ago." Aya then asked. "Aya. Rushing into something doesn't matter when you're in love." "That's true." Aya exclaimed. "Plus, I really want you to be my wife." Anubis added. "I really want to be your wife too." Aya remarked.

"Come on." Anubis urged. He then grabbed her left hand and ran up the stairs with her at his side. Once they got up the stairs, they walked into their room to talk about wedding preparations. Meanwhile, Khanet and Anput were talking about Anubis's engagement to Aya. "Can you believe that Anubis is getting married?" Anput asked. "I can't believe it!" Khanet stated. "Me neither." Anput exclaimed.

"I'm still shocked about him getting a girlfriend and now she's his fiance." Anput added. "Why are you surprised? He is your brother after all." Khanet asked. "Well...you see, at first, I didn't think he would have a shot with her." Anput stated. "What? Why are you giving him doubts?" Khanet asked. "I said at first. Now, I'm really happy for him." Anput exclaimed. "Me too." Khanet exclaimed back.

While they continued talking about Anubis's engagement, Anubis and Aya rushed out of their room, so they could go to the village to buy stuff for the wedding. Khanis saw them leaving and asked "Where are you guys going?" Anubis and Aya turned around. Anubis then replied "We're going to the village to buy some stuff for the wedding." "Ooh. That sounds like fun." Khanis replied back. "Yeah. It does. By the way, do you have a wagon that I can borrow?" Anubis asked. "What do you think I am? Five?" Khanis then asked. "It was just a question. Geez!" Anubis stated. "No. I don't have a wagon for you to borrow." Khanis replied.

"Darn it. That's okay. I'll figure something out." Anubis replied back. "Ok. See you later." Khanis exclaimed. "Goodbye." Anubis exclaimed back. Anubis and Aya then ran to the front of the palace, where the guards unlocked the gate for them. They walked through the gate and ran to the village. Once they got to the village, they saw a wagon stand. "That's convenient!" Anubis stated. They then walked over to the stand and rented a wagon. As soon as they got a wagon, Anubis dragged the wagon behind them while they went stand to stand, collecting stuff for the wedding.

While they were shopping, they saw a jewelry stand, where their eyes caught a glimpse of the light reflecting off a beautiful selection of wedding rings. They walked over to the stand. "Hello, Lord Anubis. How can I help you today?" the woman behind the stand asked. "We would like to get some wedding rings. Me and my fiance here are getting married tomorrow." Anubis answered.

"How exciting! Here's some of our finest rings we have right now." the woman replied. She pulled out a box and inside the box, there was a gold ring and another gold ring with an emerald. The woman opened the lid of the box, so Anubis and Aya could see the rings. "Which two rings would you like, my lord?" the woman then asked. "Hmmm. We'll go with these two rings." Anubis declared as he pointed at the gold rings. "Ah. You have a good eye when it comes to jewelry, Lord Anubis." the woman stated. "Indeed I do." Anubis exclaimed with pride.

The woman then closed the lid of the box and handed it to Anubis. He put the box in the wagon. "There you go! You don't have to pay me for the rings. They're on the house for you, my lord. I wouldn't dare charge a god money." the woman explained. "You're too kind." Anubis replied. Anubis and Aya then walked away from the stand. "Have a good day, Lord Anubis!" the woman shouted. "You too!" Anubis shouted back. They then walked out of the village and towards the palace with the wagon behind them.