Chapter 2: The Tiff With Mischief

At dawn, Anubis got up and headed to the village, where he would soon meet the love of his life face to face. Once he arrived, Aya was standing in the middle of the village waiting for his arrival. She walked over and lifted her hood of her cloak off her head, so he could see her face. "Remember me?" Aya asked. "Yeah. You're that beautiful maiden I fell in love with." Anubis replied. Anubis then explained "I'm supposed to meet someone named Aya." "I'm Aya. I wrote you that letter." Aya replied.

"Oh. Well. I didn't know since you didn't tell me your name yesterday and by the way, why did you run away?" Anubis explained. "I wanted to see if you would follow me or if you were going to be a jerk and let me run away. It was a test to see what kind of person you are, Anubis." Aya answered. Anubis was confused as to how she knew his name and asked "How do you know my name?" "Everyone knows your name. You're the almighty Lord of Death." Aya stated. "I see." Anubis responded.

They stared at each other for a couple seconds, then Anubis asked Aya "Would you like to go out with me?" "Yes. I would be more than happy to. Meet me here tonight." Aya replied. "Sounds good." Anubis exclaimed. Then, Aya kissed Anubis on the cheek and walked away. She turned around and whispered "I'll see you tonight, Anubis." Anubis turned around and replied "Ok. See you later, Aya."

As she continued to walk away, Anubis's heart was beating a hundred times faster than before because of Aya's kiss on his cheek. At that moment, he knew that Aya loved him back and not out of pity. He then ran back to the palace, so he could tell his sister that he won the beautiful maiden's heart. Love was in the air for Anubis. "Anput. Anput. Anput. Wake up." Anubis replied as he rocked her back and forth, so she would wake up. "What? I'm trying to sleep." Anput groaned with her eyes closed. He stopped rocking her. "Please wake up." Anubis replied. "Fine." Anput replied back. Anput sat up and rubbed her eyes. She then opened her eyes. "What is it?" Anput asked.

"You're not gonna believe what happened." Anubis exclaimed. "What happened?" Anput asked as she looked at her brother. "You know how I was staring at that woman in the dark cloak yesterday?" Anubis asked. "Yeah." Anput exclaimed. "I asked her out." Anubis declared. "What did she say?" Anput asked. "She said yes." Anubis exclaimed. "That's so great." Anput exclaimed back. "Well I better get ready for the date." Anubis replied. "Alright. I'm going back to sleep." Anput stated. "Ok. You do that." Anubis exclaimed. Anubis walked out of the room and closed the door. He then went to his room, so he could get ready for the date. The hours passed and soon enough, everyone woke up, got ready, and ran to the dining room to eat breakfast.

After they were done eating, Khanis asked Khanet to follow him to his room, so he could talk to her. Khanet walked into his room. Khanis then closed the door. "Listen. I have come to a conclusion." Khanis replied. "What is it?" Khanet asked. "I will no longer be going off to war." Khanis announced. "But Khanis. War is so much more fun when you're there fighting by my side." Khanet stated. "Khanet. I'm the Pharaoh. I have to stay here and watch over the kingdom. Plus, I have tons of responsibilities as well. I don't have time to keep playing these silly games. I may be a warrior at heart, but I have to restrain myself when I have a job to get done." Khanis explained.

"Khanis. How could you do this to me? I can't believe you. You are being so infuriating. I..." Khanet yelled. "SILENCE!!!" Khanis screamed. Khanet started to cry. "I have made my decision and that's final." Khanis then explained. "Wow. You sound just like our father. This is not the Khanis I knew and trusted. You've changed. I don't know you at all now." Khanet stated. "You said before that you loved me, that you cared about me. But now, I'm starting to think that was a lie." Khanet added. Khanis then started shedding a couple of tears.

"I'm leaving and I'm not coming back." Khanet replied. She then walked to the door, opened it, and stormed out of the room. She ran to her room and packed her stuff as quickly as she could. She left her room and started to head for the gate. Khanis decided to run after her. He started to regret everything he had just said. For it broke his sister's heart. "Khanet. Wait." Khanis screamed as he ran down the stairs. She then ran towards the front of the gate with Khanis trailing behind her. "Guards. Stop her." Khanis screamed. Khanet turned to look at Khanis and yelled "Stay away from me!" She looked forward and shouted to the guards "Let me through. Now! Or else you're fired." The guards didn't want to get fired, so they unlocked the gate and she ran through it. They then locked the gate again. As soon as he reached the front of the gate, Khanet had already left.

"Nice going, fellas. You let her go. I told you to stop her. Grrrr!" Khanis stated angrily. He then went back inside because even though he cared for his sister, he needed to stay and watch over his kingdom like he promised he would. Khanet continued walking farther and farther away from the kingdom knowing that Khanis was there. "There's no turning back now." Khanet whispered. However, what she didn't know was that she would soon have a surprise visit from Evil Anubis.