Chapter 14 - Reunion With Sakura -

I woke up from my usual bed. It was a very sunny day and the sun was shining brightly upon me, I heard birds chirping which was music to my ears.

Just kidding!

The light was legit piercing through my eyes and it hurt like hell! There weren't even birds! But I'll stop complaining. Let's just see what good will happen later.

I removed my bedsheets off of me and stretched my body and groaned. I walked to the bathroom and did my usual morning routine, then fixed my hair into a ponytail, once again wearing my usual ninja clothes.

When I was finished, I heard some few knocks at my door. I went towards my door curiously and it revealed a pink-haired girl with green eyes.

"Oh! Hey Sakura!" I told her as I waved slightly.

She scratched her head while looking at the ground and apologized, " Well, (Y/N), it's been a while... And I'm sorry about what I always kept doing to you whenever you were around with Sasuke..." but this time it was sincere.

Last time, when she apologized to me, it was fake. But this time she is really sincere.

I smiled at her indicating I forgave her for what she did all those time. She smiled back but wider than my smile that I gave her.

"So... How are things with Sasuke?" she asked me still with a smile.

"It's... Complicated..." She didn't understand what I meant but just understood that it was making me uncomfortable so she just stopped asking about Sasuke.

"But, I got together with Naruto." I explained.

She looked shocked at the moment but just shrugged it off. I guess it was really that unexpected since I was closer to Sasuke that time.

I didn't want to tell anyone about the incident when Sasuke was just about to... You know... It's between the both of us, though me and Sasuke don't talk anymore. In fact, I'm trying to get as far away as possible from him...

" That was fast. After all, you all just became a team! But, I'm happy for you, congrats!" she hugged me tightly.

She was hugging me so tight that I couldn't breathe!

Sakura is NOT weak! I repeat! Sakura is NOT weak!

"C-Cant... B-Breathe..." I said with the last air on my lungs, then she let go of me and quickly apologized, bowing her head.

I then started to laugh and she giggled along with me.

I can see we would be good friends!

Then I asked her if we could hang out at a restaurant with Naruto. She said yes so we went to Naruto's door and knocked loudly.

" What's the matt-" he was scrubbing his eyes and paused looking at me.

"Oh hey (Y/N)." I hugged him quickly and nuzzled my head onto his neck. He hugged back and his arms made its way to my back, making me squeal in action.

Sakura then joined us by glomping at us making all of us tumble and fall down on the ground, laughing.

"So, what brings you guys here?" Naruto asked me and Sakura with his usual kind smile.

"I know we just hung out yesterday Naruto, but me and Sakura thought about having a reunion!" I put my arms around Sakura while close eyed smiling.

"How about Sasuke and Kakashi-sensei?" Naruto asked.

Sasuke-kun...

"Umm... Let's just hang out, you know... Just the three of us?" Sakura fake smiled. She knew I was getting depressed every time I heard Sasuke's name. She decided not to bring Kakashi-sensei too because it might give it all away.

Naruto nodded, not suspecting a thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------

We were at a Barbecue buffet, sitting and having a normal conversation.

I sat beside Naruto while Sakura was on the other side. She was laughing along at our experience in Natsumi's place. I still didn't talk about the incident though.

And I won't talk about it.

Well, I thought nothing bad was going to happen. Not until Naruto questioned, "(Y/N), you and Sasuke hadn't talked to each other in a while,"

Sakura looked at me with a worried expression.

" Did something happen between you?" he finished off his sentence. I then remembered all the things that happened.

Then I felt my throat was getting heavier. I was about to cry.

" Umm... Nothing really..." I lied. "Okay." I sighed, relieved that Naruto went along with it.

Half of me wants to hide everything from Naruto, yet my other half wants him to notice everything that has happened.

Sakura then decided to break the awkward silence by saying,

"Hey! The food is getting burnt idiots!" she began to grab some barbecue with her chopsticks, next putting it in her bowl.

We all copied Sakura's actions and finished it at the speed of light. After all, me and Naruto didn't eat breakfast yet since Naruto just woke up.

" Sakura-chan. How are things in the leaf academy?" I asked her, remembering she was sent back to the leaf academy because she didn't pass at our survival test back then.

Me and Naruto waited for her response.

" Stuff. Just a little bit of this and that." she boredly answered. I guess there's nothing to talk about the leaf academy.

She sighed.

Then there was nothing but silence.

There's nothing to talk about huh... Aw man, I'm bored.

" How 'bout you guys? How's team 7?" me and Naruto looked at each other.

" Kakashi-sensei is always late!" we both complained and crossed our arms in our chest. Sakura laughed at us and thought it was cute of how we were behaving.

" I think you guys are the perfect couple! " she laughed at us.

That was the time where I was beginning to feel sad, but I just fake laughed along with the both of them. Somehow, when I think of us being a couple...

It feels so wrong...

It's like... Something's off...