chappie 06

"how would you know? you're sixteen."

"just because you're older doesn't mean you're smarter." you narrowed your eyes at the older teen seated across your shared cafeteria table. "now use a different theorem. you'd get negative sixteen. there, i said the answer, now try other theorems, dumbass."

tanaki scratches the back of his head as he began to write down the different theorems he remembers. "you know that you can rank number one if you give a bit of efforts in your academics." he grumbled.

"..being academically smart won't get me anywhere." you said, setting your chopsticks aside as you furrowed your eyebrows. "you should eat your lunch first before that."

"i have loads of work to do, can you do some for me, pleeease?" tanaki asked, putting up his pouty face along with his fluttering eyelids that he think is attractive when you've already mentioned to him that he looked like shit.

"do your own shit. don't drag me into this." you said, standing up from your seat as you grabbed the textbooks you bought for tanaki's reference for his homework.

tanaki frowns. "okay, i'll see you later." he said, returning to his own work.

"see you later," you said, waving your hand as a way of bidding your farewell to the boy.

on your way back to your clsss, you gently rested your textbook on your head, walking past kusuo's classroom, a place you haven't been able to go to for about a week now.

a week back, kusuo SPECIFICALLY told you to give up on him and to not bother him anymore just because you want to satisfy your own selfish desire. he was specific and straightforward, just like you. of course, what he said sounded a bit harsh for your taste that you were left speechless.

ever since then, you've been avoiding him, not because you've already given up, but because you grew a bit hurt to what he had said. he was always rude to you, and you somehow got used to it.

this time around though..his words stung you. of course, a bit of anger grew within, but you convinced yourself that YOU are the problem.

you didn't give up, you just wanted to rest, for a bit.

"[ name ]." kusuo called out, fastening his phase to make sure he can get a hold of you.

you were startled by the sudden call of your name. it was a bit awkward to turn around now. you two haven't been speaking for a week now.

rubbing the back of your neck with your hand, you turned your head around, your gaze on the floor instead of kusuo. you're still building up the confidence to look at him.

"this is awkward.." you and kusuo thought in unison.

"..your captain.. asked me to hand these over to you." kusuo said, handing you a awfully thick clipped papers which made you choke on your own saliva.

"what..am i suppose to do with that?" you asked in disbelief. you knew your captain had a bit of a hobby of throwing works on your shoulder out of fun, but you didn't expect her to give you this much.

"to..photocopy it." kusuo said, witnessing as you twiddle with your fingers as you looked at the stock of works before you. "she said she wants it clear and clean."

"it's just photocopy, this is nothing." you assured yourself as you took the thick paper from kusuo's hand. and although it was just a small task that takes up a lot of time, you still had the need to reach your captain's expectations.

she left it in your care, aware that you're capable of meeting her expectations.

you were sick of having expectations thrown at you, even as a kid. you were seven, you were suppose to be playing with toys, not beating yourself up to please your family.

"yeah, uh, thanks." you said, sniffing as you gave the pink headed teen a boy before turning your heels around.

your voice awfully sounded different from before. like something was blocking your nose. anyone would assume that it was probably just a cold but kusuo can tell that you were still on about his rejection towards you.

kusuo wasn't one to feel guilty about his decisions. when he rejected you, the heavy feeling on his chest grew heavier. probably because he can hear your thoughts scrambling in confusion that time.

he ignored it, but it kept bothering him. that's why when he was asked if he could hand the papers to you, he instantly accepted it.

he just wanted to..

"[ name ]," he called out once again, making you stop your tracks and turn around.

"yeah?" you asked, raising a brow.

"..i'll help you with it."

he doesn't know what happened much on your childhood, since you rarely think about it, only on specific situations that reminded you of it; but he can tell that it was the main reason why you're currently who you are.

he only helped you out of pity..

but something was telling him that there's a different
reason.

____

11/12/20 || RE-WRITE

this was short cause electricity was freaking me out

stay safe.