chappie 26

[ PART 1 ]

an odd feeling swelled up in kusuo's chest the moment he woke up this morning.

nothing seems to be different from the norm, it's like any typical day for kusuo. but something still didn't feel. right. like he was..missing something. although he isn't really sure what it is.

in all honesty, he wasn't in the mood to stress over something that he isn't even sure existed. which explains why he sat down on their kitchen table in ease and filled with complete ignorance.

"i'll head off now." kusuo informed his mother as he slips his feet on his shoes, twisting the main door of his home open. about to take a step outside, he turned his head around to look at mrs. saiki who's seeing him head off. "you're not gonna tell me to check up on [ name ] and bring her here?"

every so often, whenever mrs. saiki sees kusuo off to school, she'd always tell him to bring you to their house if you have some time to spare. even from that simple request, kusuo can tell that mrs. saiki greatly enjoys your company.

"[ name ].." mrs. saiki mutters. "who?"

shock and stiffed like a stoned statue, kusuo looked at his mother like she had completely lost her mind. "what do you mean who?" he asked, grabbing mrs. saiki's shoulder. "the neighbour you treat like a daughter."

"kuu-chan, how much sleep did you get?"

"four. i happened to stay up reading something online."

kusuo waves his hands dismissively in a way of a saying that sleep isn't their topic right now. this is a serious matter. there's no way mrs. saiki would forget you. that's the last thing she'll ever do or she will ever let happen.

mrs. saiki pressed her hands on kusuo's chest pushing him outside their house. "you'll be late for school, kuu!" she reminded. "you can tell me more about [ name ] when you get back, okay? see you later!"

before kusuo could speak a word, he got cut off by mrs. saiki swinging the door shut on his face. leaving him utterly speechless.

he decided to just let his mother off the hook and think that maybe she's just messing around with him. mrs. saiki's humour wasn't really it, but she's got the spirits.

"saiki! good morning!" kaidou greeted, walking side by side with the pink headed psychic. "wow, you look stiff. something bothering you?"

"was i too obvious?" kusuo thought to himself a he and kaidou made their way inside their classroom, having to greet a couple of classmates. "[ name ]'s the type to joke around and she can keep it up for a week. her acting skills are great. maybe she got mom into it, too?"

"what a pain. do you have that science textbook i lent you?"

"hun, you didn't lent me anything."

kusuo whipped his around after hearing a familiar voice between two people. there you were, walking pass their classroom.

but for some odd reason..you didn't greet him nor kaidou. you just walked passed their classroom like you didn't know any students inside.