chappie 16

"do you want to visit dad?"

"no, end of conversation. what's there to see?" you asked, titling your head as you pressed a certain number on the television's remote. "you can go on ahead without me."

"it'll be nice to have a reunion." shina said, fixing the collar of her shirt as she made her way to the sofa where you're sitting in, casually taking her sling bag rested beside you.

"for new year?" you asked, raising a brow but your tone of voice obviously showed no interest. "i'm spending my new year with kokomi."

"i'm spending mine with dad." shina said, resting a hand on her hips. "so neither of us want to go to mom?"

"why bother? i'll just waste my breath arguing with her again." you asked, sliding down the sofa as you accidently pressed the remote's off button, causing the television to be shut down. "anyways, are you leaving or not?"

"what's with the rush?" shina asked, raising a brow. "are you going out?"

"with kokomi." you said, standing up from the floor as you rubbed the palm of your hand on the back of your neck. "what a slow poke..."

"i heard that," shina spat out, shooting you a sharp glance, making you avert eye contact with her. "by the way, can you drop by mrs. saiki's house? she called. me earlier, telling me that she had made a bento for you."

"that's sweet of her." you said. "but what for? what's the occasion?"

"mrs. saiki will be visiting her parents at the countryside along with her husband and son." shina said, twisting the main door's doorknob open, once again glancing at you. "she wouldn't be able to make dinner for you. anyway, have fun with kokomi."

lightly waving your hand from side to side, you hastily pushed the main door shut.

"and here i was hoping to spend winter break with saiki." you muttered, letting out a heavy sigh. the second you did, you heard a couple of light knock from the otjer side of the main door.

you turned around to once again, open the door only to be greeted by the expected pretty girl. "hey." you greeted, giving teruhashi a smile as you felt her take your hand, taking a step back as she pulled you out of your home. "aren't you excited?"

"we haven't gone out for a while." teruhashi said, giving you one of her sweetest smile as you gently pulled your hand off her grasp, telling her that you should lock up before going anywhere.

kusuo furrowed his brows, his ears perking at the sound of teruhashi's voice. "i thought she was home alone." he thought, glancing at the bento on his hand.

mrs. saiki didn't want to bother you by going to their house so early in the morning. but it seems like she didn't mind bothering kusuo to deliver the bento to you, which kusuo found quite unfair.

"oh, right.." kusuo huffs, leaning his back on the wall around your house, quickly remembering what was troubling him. "teruhashi fancies [ surname ]."

he recalled hearing teruhashi think of you every so often, but the way she thinks about you is the same way she thinks about him. at first, he doubted the assumption, but later on confirmed after seeing her clinging onto you during practice.

but unfortunately for teruhashi, your interest is already set on kusuo.

he's here now. and he can't really go back home with the bento still in his possession. guess he has no choice.

"where do you want to go first?" you asked, taking a step out of the gate with teruhashi's arm clinging onto yours. "have you eaten yet? we could eat first before watching the movie."

"how about you?" teruhashi asks, tilting her head. "it doesn't look like you've eaten breakfast."

you hummed, pulling the small gate of your property close. as you did, you jumped at the sight of kusuo leaning his back against the wall with a bento on hand.

"saiki-kun?" teruhashi breaths out in shock. "what are you doing here?"

"could it be that he saw me coming to [ name ]'s house and got concern?!"

"wrong." kusuo thought as he lets out a heavy sigh. he looked at your confused expression before placing the neatly wrapped bento on the palm of your hand. "here."

"oh, right. i almost forgot to stop by." you muttered, looking down at the bento. "thank you."

kusuo waves his hand dismissively as he started taking steps to the direction of his house. "oh, wait!" he heard you called out, making him halt his tracks and turn to you with his usual blunt look.

"how..long will you be spending winter break at your grandparent's house?" you asked.

kusuo shrugs, looking down to give your question a thought. "a couple of days. two or three." he responded, tucking his hand inside the pocket of his pants. "why?"

you felt teruhashi rest her head on your shoulder, basically signalling you to tell kusuo what you two had in mind for quite some time now.

"is it okay if you celebrate new year with us?" you questioned. "at least only for the countdown part."

kusuo narrowed his eyes at you then to teruhashi. "i don't know," he responded. "...i'll think about it."

"i'll think about it is a way better response than no." you thought to yourself before nodding at kusuo's response. "oh, well then, thanks again. see you soon."

"aren't we going to invite saiki-kun?" teruhashi asks, concluding that kusuo responds clearly whenever its you who asks the question.

"he'll just say no." you said, waving your hand dismissively as the two of you began to walk.

"oh, hey buddy!"

you and teruhashi's ears perked up at the sound of a familiar uet distant voice behind the two of you. in sync, both of you turned your heads around to see nendou side stepping in front of kusuo, stopping the pink headed teen from walking any further away from where you left him earlier.

nendou's eyes slightly widens at the sight of teruhashi. "oh, wow! teruhashi, good morning!" he greeted in which teruhashi returned with a soft good morning as well.

"oh, no.." kusuo thought, taking a step back. this had happened way too many times that it's almost scarily predictable. "if this keeps going i'll-"

"ah ha! i knew i heard that awful voice somewhere! jet black wings never seems to fail-oh, wow, teruhashi!"

"fuck." kusuo furrowed his brows, taking a deep breath as he turned his head around to look at you with the same expression as him.

despite being quite the popular student, you still weren't good with crowds. and slowly enough, in a single street, the universe had decided to put all the characters in one place. just to piss kusuo off.

"hey, since we're all here," nendou started, placing a hand on kusuo'e shoulder. "why don't we get some ramen?"

kaidou scoffs. "why ramen? why don't we go to an arcade instead?" he asked, glancing at you and teruhashi for permission.

teruhashi didn't hesitate to raise her thumb up in excitement, thinking that today has been way too lucky. to have you by her side along with kusuo really proves that god was surely by her side.

"fucking wednesday." you and kusuo thought in sync.

___________

11/26/20 || RE-WRITE

i, the author of this book is gay for teruhashi kokomi bye there i said it xjdjrhdi