chappie 07

pop quizzes weren't really your thing. if it was, you would be grinning your ass off while currently answering the given questions for your history quiz.

you knew a thing or two about the topic since you were lucky enough to be awake the moment it was being discussed. however, you were struggling for a bit, due to the fact that one of the answers needed a complete name of a Japanese writer that has nothing to do with you.

and to make the situation a bit worse than it already was, your history teacher is kind of the heated when it comes to you. she'll notice every bits of your movement, trying to grab the littlest details of your mistake, but never seem to succeed since you've never done anything wrong, at all.

currently, you're struggling with question number fifteen and eight. and instead of trying to remember what the answers are, you decided to lay low and pretend like you're still answering.

"..ah!" your seatmate exclaimed as the paper she was answering flew directly by your feet.

you raised a brow, bending down on your seat as you reach your arm out to grab the paper. but before you could grab it and hand it over to your seatmate, you heard a very loud stomp from behind the classroom.

you whipped your head around to see your history teacher standing a few inches away from you with her arms crossed and bitter look painted on her face.

"mrs. [ surname ].." she started, pinching the bridge of her nose. "this pop quiz..is very important. if you plan to cheat, then you shouldn't have taken it in the first place. get out."

"huh?" you and your seatmate stated, raising a brow.

"sensei, i was just picking it up for her." you said, gesturing it at your seatmate who nodded in agreement. "i didn't even see anything on her paper. i have no intention of cheating."

"i saw, what i saw. make your way out and hand over your quiz paper." said your teacher, reaching her hand out to take your quiz paper.

"but sense-"

"now!"

you grumbled under your breath as you unwillingly took your quiz paper. you can feel your classmate tug on your sweater sleeve, with a look of concern and guilt in her face.

"[ name ]..!"

you waved your hand dismissively, smiling at her with assurance. "it's okay," you whispered as you gently took her hand off your sweater as you made your way to your teacher, handing her your quiz paper before walking out.

kusuo excused himself to go to the bathroom a minute after you were asked to go outside.

he opened his classroom door open, walking out to the direction of the bathroom. he narrowed his eyes at the sight of your crouching down outside your classroom, playing with your shoe. - more like throwing your shoe around and grabbing it -

you didn't see him, not until you threw your shoe to his direction. "saiki." you called out, awkwardly grinning. "good morning."

"what are you doing here?" kusuo asked, looking inside your classroom to see that everyone is deeply focused on their quizzes.

"got accused of cheating, i'm paying the price." you said. "even though i didn't."

"you should have explained yourself," said kusuo.

"i did, my history teacher just hates me." you said, flashing the psychic the sweetest yet sarcastic smile. "that's for my grades on history..i guess."

kusuo recalled you telling him that the subject that strongly got a grip on was history, since its all about culture and you get to know other people through books, even though they no longer exist.

"why are you just standing there? shouldn't you be going somewhere?" you asked, raising a brow. "lunch break is still a few minutes away."

kusuo raises his brow. "ah..yeah." he said, giving you one last glance before making his way to the bathroom.

if you were more comfortable with him again, you would have asked him to stay and accompany you; but unfortunately, you were still on your own personal space. and kusuo knew that you still weren't ready to step out and he respects that.

he didn't know why he suddenly feels guilty. isn't this a good thing? he finally brushed you off his personal life. he won't be hearing from you anymore, you won't be pestering him twenty-four-seven.

maybe it was the fact that you still weren't giving up; he applauds your fighting spirit, a lot. situations such as this one often shows that giving up is the only option, but it seems like you didn't have that choice.

but like he said, he won't get in a relationship with you. not only because it's a headache and excess baggage, but merely because you and him aren't compatible; or for much easier reasons, it's because he thinks that you wouldn't really understand his feelings.

he's different from other people, he had never even felt what love is--how can he provide you mental attention and affection, when he has no interest in those kind of things at al and had never received it. in the end, you'd just grow unhappy under his case. and as the future goes, he would really appreciate it if he doesn't have any people grow grudges at him.

especially from you.

the blowing of the whistle caught you and everyone's attention. you turned your head to the direction of your captain as she gestured for everyone to gather up for a short meeting.

"as all of you know, we're going to have a upcoming match," said your captain as she looks down at her clipboard. "hence why we need to--"

before the captain could finish, she got cut off by a loud thump from behind everyone, making everyone whip their head around and loudly gasp at the sight of you passed out on the floor.

a cold towel draped over your eyes, you can feel yourself resting your head on a unfamiliar furniture, at least you think its a furniture. you can feel a hand gently pat your head a couple of times, their fingers brushing your skin a few times; that basically confirms that what you're resting at is not a furniture to begin with.

"[ name ]-chan, are you awake now?"

a familiar soft voice made you yank the cold towel off your eyes and be greeted by the angelic features of kokomi teruhashi. "hel..hello." you greeted, sitting up from your laying position. "i'm sorry, what happened?"

teruhashi tilted her head. "you passed out due to the heat." she said.

you let your eyes wander around the clinic, clicking your tongue at the fact that you let a mere heat let you lose consciousness. today really wasn't yours to begin with.

you turned your head around to teruhashi who gathered your bag, handing it to you. "are you sure that you can stand up now?" she asked. "you haven't been looking too well for this past week, too. is something bothering you?"

you took the bag from her had, muttering a quick thank you as you shifted your foot position to the direction of the clinic's door. you didn't really plan on answering teruhashi's question since conversing with her often ends up to you getting scolded by her.

as you were about to walk out, you halted your tracks when the clinic door slides open right before your eyes.

"[ name ]."

you blinked in disbelief, eyes widening in slight shock.

"saiki."

______

11/17/20 || RE-WRITE