chappie 29

"dating someone could lead you to suspension."

choking on your drink, you whipped your head around to the other side of the bench where your captain, reita and your fellow player are seated.

apparently, the captain had caught reita and a player "hanging out". when they were caught and acted all defensive, the captain immediately noticed what was going on. she knew that reita's the type to hang around girls a lot and some girls tend to enjoy his company, hence why the captain didn't find it odd when reita would often surround himself with female students.

a lot of students had kept their relationship a secret and since it's a private school, it's sort of easy to not snitch on one another. if an individual speaks about two students being in a relationship, that certain individual will receive quite the hate and awful gossip. no student wants that, so they keep their mouth shut.

but despite knowing the students wouldn't say a word, lovers would tend to be more careful and not say a thing about their relationship. you know, just being cautious.

you actually found out that such petty rule exists not so long ago. you never really thought you'd get yourself into a close relationship with kusuo, so you didn't pay any attention to the stupid rule.

your captain sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose as she nodded at herself. "whatever. i'll keep quiet on this one. try to not make it obvious next time." she said, turning her head to your direction. "what's with that look?"

"o-oh.." you murmured, setting your water bottle down. "nothing, i was just shocked that..they're in a relationship. i just thought that they got along."

your captain squinted her eyes at you, titling her head. "don't you have a guy friend that you got along with pretty well, too?" she asked, raising a brow, turning her head around. "saiki-kun, right?"

kusuo lets his whistle fall out of his mouth as he turned to your captain, raising a brow.

"you two, better not be in a relationship, too."

you and kusuo threw a glance at each other before shaking your heads sideways.

"no way," you two said in unison, voices rather stiff and flat. although it didn't sound obvious.

your captain eyes at you and kusuo from head to toe before nodding. "just making sure." she said. "let's start."

hand on your chest, a sigh of relief escaped your mouth as you once again glanced back at kusuo who raised his brows at you as a sign if acknowledgement.

you thought you didn't have to worry since you and kusuo still aren't actually in a relationship.

"i think they should take that stupid rule off," you commented, stretching your legs after an exhausting training as you shifted your weight to a much more comfortable sititng position. "almost everyone here is in a relationship already. are they that dense to not notice?"

just like you, kusuo didn't pay too much mind about the "no relationship" rule, since he didn't expect to enter in one. but now that your existence changed that, he had thought of erasing the rule. but then again, he wouldn't want to affect students who does not want their academics be disrupted by a relationship just because of his selfish desire.