chappie 34

"you've been staring at me for a while now," kusuo started, setting his bowl of ramen down on the cafeteria table he is seated at along with you. "do you need something?"

narrowing your eyes at the pink headed psychic, you rested your cheek on the palm of your hand. "i went to a fortune teller yesterday." you flatly said.

"what a straight forward girl." kusuo thought, nodding at your sudden statement. he had no interest towards it since he already knew the out come of that petty fortune telling. "what does that have to do with me?"

"the fortune telling was about us." you said. "to be more specific, your secret."

"you believe in fortune tellings?" kusuo asked, raising a brow. he had heard from your thoughts about your doubts towards psychics, and well, within him, he felt glad. but deeper within, he felt rather empty about it.

you straighten your back, tilting your head to give kusuo's question a thought. "i don't. but the fact that she quickly assumed that i'm in a secret relationship is really..impressive." you said. "could she be..a stalker?!"

"don't be stupid." kusuo said. "it may not be obvious, but you're really easy to read. from afar, i can already tell that you didn't eat breakfast. maybe she just has sharp observations."

you pursed your lips, unable to disagree to the fact that you didn't have any breakfast. "well.." you murmured. "she told me about your secret being a big big deal. it's not, right?"

should he tell you? he'd look suspicious though.

"...it's not." kusuo responded. "that..fortune teller must've been a fraud."

she was, in fact, not a fraud. kusuo found out that she was actually the real deal. it wasn't much information, but he can already tell that the aiura girl is actually a psychic. and to think that she's actually specific with her fortune tellings are terrifying.

slightly pouting your lips, you nodded. "right? and tanaki keeps on saying that she's an actual psychic, it's funny." you said, a soft laugh escaping your mouth.

looking down at his empty bowl of ramen, kusuo sets his chopsticks aside as he listens to your soft, timid laugh. "if ever, you were to meet one," he started, shifting his gaze to your face. "what would you do?"

"hm..i'm not sure. make them feel welcome and accepted?" you responded, or more like questioned your own response. "i mean, don't they have abilities that an ordinary human can't do? then, they must feel so out of place, despite having power against humanity. but..that's only if they exists. but they don't, so.."

"what makes you wanna do that?"

a smile forming your lips, you shrugged your shoulders. "my guts told me to do so." you said.

"your guts.." kusuo thought as he watches you complain about how expensive coffees are these days. although he never really listened, he just..looked at you.

somehow, in his perspective..you stood out. in a good way.

"anyway, i should head back, i have load of work to do." you said, resting your hand on the table for support as you stood up.

"wait." kusuo called out, stopping you from taking a step out of your seat.

"what? want a kiss?" you teased, but only received a blunt and displeased expression. "no? that's fine."

"drink your water." kusuo said, gesturing his hand to the bottle of water on your tray that wasn't even touched.

pursing your lips, you began to inhale sharply as you waved your hand dismissively. "you know that i'm not..fond of-"