chappie 32

"what the fuck?"

mrs. saiki lightly knocks on kusuo's bedroom door, slowly swinging it open as she peeks her head inside to check if kusuo's already awake. "kuu-chan, breakfast is-KUU-CHAN!" she suddenly exclaimed at the sight of kusuo-not in a size of a teenager, but in a size of a kid.

stretching your leg, you pressed the doorbell button of the saiki residence. it took a couple of seconds for you to wonder why no one's swinging the main door open. usually, with just one press on the doorbell, mrs. saiki would immediately answer.

"that's odd." you murmured.

"[ name ], what are you doing here outside?"

you turned your head to your side to see mr. saiki walking towards your direction. "mr. saiki, good morning." you greeted, a smile forming your lips. "um..is anyone home? mrs. saiki isn't answering the door?"

"what, really?" mr. saiki raises a brow in confusion as he opened the gate of his residence as he gestures for you to follow him. "i'm sure they're home. mama doesn't have any plans for today, come in."

"sorry for the intrusion." you quietly said as you casually took your shoes off, putting them aside. "did you just got home from work, mr. saiki?"

"yes, off earlier than expected, huh?" mr. saiki chuckles. "do you want anything to drink? mama and kusuo must be upstairs, i'll call them for you. you can wait here."

you nodded, fixing the collar of your shirt as you took a sit on the living room's sofa. your whole surrounding was quiet hence why you couldn't help but feel rather uneasy. you weren't used with the silence, but you thought that it was perfect for kusuo.

"[ name ]-chan!" mrs. saiki greeted, clasping her hands together as she rushes towards you. "very nice of you to visit!"

a smile formed your lips as you stood up from the sofa. "i'm just here to get my notebook that saiki borrowed, i won't stay long. is he home by any chance?" you asked, peeking behind mrs. saiki.

"he-he's not, unfortunately." mrs. saiki responded, hiding her thumbs by wrapping her other four fingers around it. "do..do you really need the notebook?"

"yes. exams is two days away." you responded, a frown replacing your smile when you were told that kusuo wasn't home. "i really hoped that i'll pass this semester. oh, well."

"it's quiet.." mr. saiki informed kusuo as he leaned away from the door, turning to the kid sitting on the swivel with a frustrated look. "i'm guessing mama successfully-"

in an unexpected time, kusuo's bedroom door is pushed opened, hitting mr. saiki right on the cheek, making him fall flat on the floor. shocked, by the sudden force he took.

kusuo's eyes widens at the sight of mrs. saiki entering entering with you curiously following behind. he got too busy trying to figure out how to turn back to his original state that he wasn't able to hear his mother or your thoughts.

"i'm sorry, kuu-chan! i felt bad for [ name ]-chan! i want her to pass her exams!" stated mrs. saiki through her thoughts as she looked at kusuo for assurance.

kusuo narrowed her eyes, massaging the bridge of his nose as he only dismissed his mother's excuse by nodding.

"a..kid." you said, pointing at kusuo. you turned tonlook at mrs. saiki who frantically started waving her hands around. "is he-er.."