chappie 38

it isn't really surprising for the city to be filled with teenagers, especially since it's still summer break. you also happened to run into a few people from school, but never got to talk to them since, they, as well have things planned ahead of the day.

it's such a great day, for everyone BUT kusuo.

"i'm lost." kusuo told himself as he stood aimlessly on the middle of the crossing road with a wave of people crossing from both sides.

he was sure enough that he was with just you, walking together, hand in hand. but at some point, he did notice you letting go, informing him that you're just going to fix the jeans you were wearing. however, he wasn't able to hear what you were saying with the fact that his ass completely got distracted by a random stranger carrying a sweet crepe on their hand. he was mesmerised by how much filling it had.

distracted by a crepe, he immediately lost attention to his surrounding and locked his gaze to the sweet on someone's hand.

the most problematic thing is that he's completely in public. reaching out to you in telepathy would be useless since the thoughts he's hearing right now are all muffled. countless voices are all he hears, no matter how much he focuses, he could never hear your voice.

"what should i do?" kusuo thought, biting the nail of his thumb as he tried to create a plan without revealing his abilities. "i look like a lost child."

what is he so worried about? he could just walk across the street and wait for you there. but knowing you, you'd probably wouldn't pay attention to your surroundings and would just walk past him despite him being there, waiting.

"crossing my eye to look for her would make me look like a complete weirdo," kusuo proceeds to think, glancing at the pedestrian light. it'll take a while since there's shit tons of people crossing the road. "teleportation wouldn't work, too. in public? no."

kusuo runs a finger through his pink locks. he has thirty more seconds to think before the light turns green. "that girl." kusuo furrowed his brows. "let's just leave her, she's with mom anyway. i'll cross the road and teleport back home."

kusuo took a few more steps, but stopped when an aggressive tug was felt on his arm. he turned his head around to see you locked your arms around his, panting.

"kusuo!" you stated, huffing as you dragged him back to the other side of the road since there were only fifteen seconds lsft until the red light turns to green. "i knew you'd be here! what are you doing?"

"what..?"

"what do you mean what? i saw you get distracted with that crepe a stranger was holding earlier." you asked, a smile forming your lips. "so i guessed that you were headed to that crepe shop's direction."

"you.." kusuo started, gaze locked into yours as he felt your hand sneak itself in the pocket of his jacket. "understand?"

"what? i guess so," you said. giggling as the two of you proceeded to walk towards the direction of the crepe shop. "i always understood you, kusuo. and will always do. but please pay attention to where you're going next time."

kusuo raises his hand, reaching out to your face. thinking that he'll give a pat on the head, you slightly lowered your head. but instead, you got a flick on the forehead.

"OW-"

"don't lecture me." kusuo said. "let's go."

"i never really knew,"

rubbing the part you were flicked, you once again locked arms with kusuo while dragging him to the direction of the crepe shop he's deeply craving for.

"that someone would take their time to understand.."

"here's the crepe you wanted," you bitterly said, handing kusuo the crepe you bought for him. "i stood in line for ten minutes. enjoy it."

"what i really feel."

slowly taking the crepe from your grasp, kusuo leans it close to your mouth. "since you stood in line for ten minutes, you take a bite first." he said.

raising a brow with your arms crossed, you looked down at the tasty delicacy while shaking your head. "you wanted it. have it. i'm not mad, by the way." you quickly informed after noticing how bitter you sound like right now.

"good to know," kusuo flatly responded as he took the first bite of the crepe, his face filled with satisfaction. "it really does taste good."

"like you." you said, fixing your jacket but paused after realising what you had said. it was no longer a fucking horny tease-since kissing him is awfully similar to your stupid joke. "IT WAS AN INSTINCT."

"yeah, well." kusuo chewed, looking away. "i'm already used to it."

"waaaiit," you covered your mouth, grabbing kusuo's arms. "we can go further, right-"

"of course, not." kusuo said as he proceeds to chew and take larger steps outside the crepe shop with you following behind. "let's meet up with mom."

"progress!!" you screamed within you as you skipped your way out of the crepe shop with kusuo following behind you.

kusuo had reached this point. normally, he would have just get struck by the need to go home and lay on his bed until the day completes itself, but right now, that isn't really the case.

as of now, he just wants to sit with you. no matter how crowded it is. as long as you're there, beside him. it doesn't matter if it's in complete silence or in a noisy place.

the slight regret that swelled up inside him when the thought of leaving you earlier and going off on his own made him wonder, that if you knew what he thought, would you still understand him?

"[ name ]," kusuo calls out before you could even push the gate of your residence open. "i'm.."

you hummed, slowly swinging the gate open. "what is it?" you asked.

"..sorry, for earlier." he said. you could tell that he's entirely sincere by the way he looks directly through your eyes. "i thought of a bad decision of just leaving you there in that crowded area."

"you did?" you asked, raising your brows on disbelief. "..i mean..you always were selfish.."

"i knew it."

"but that's okay. i understand." you said, giving the pink headed boy an assuring smile. "things like this would happen every now and then, there's nothing much we can do, despite you being psychic."

as you proceed to blabber about how important it to understand the situation and your significant other-you cut off by kusuo's soft warm lips pressing against your forehead.

eye widening, you took a step back in shock as you slapped a hand on your forehead. "UM.." you wandered your gaze around as kusuo pulled back, unfazed of your reaction.

"[ name ], thank you."

_________

RE-WRITE || 12/27/20

[ a/n: imagine having someone accept you for who you are and understand you despite being cold as shit, LMAAAOOO ]

here's kusuo acting cute after physically hurting nendou

[ a/n: imagine having someone accept you for who you are and understand you despite being cold as shit, LMAAAOOO ] here's kusuo acting cute after physically hurting nendou