chappie 11

tilting your head, you rubbed the back of your neck with your palm as you raised your brows out as countless assumption about the topic kusuo has in mind came to thoughts.

"don't just stand there," you said, moving your leg impatiently as you glanced at the pink headed psychic who seems to prefer standing on the rooftop's entrance instead of approaching you. "you're making me nervous. what are we suppose to talk about anyway?"

"your likings towards me," he said. "i want to know where it started."

"ca.." you run your hand down your mouth as you shake your head sideways. "can we not talk about that?-i-it's not that i'm not genuine about my feelings for you, believe me, i am, really! i could write a novel about the things i like about you!"

taking a deep breath, you stood up from your sitting position, biting your lower lips as you averted eye contact from the teen. "i just don't think now is the right time to tell you that," you said. "you'll find out soon..just..not today."

kusuo looks down at the ground, pursing his lips as he letd your thoughts of confusion flow inside his head; and yet despite your shower of thought, no single clue about your interest towards him appeared. it was almost as if you weren't thinking of him from the beginning.

"i understand." he said. although despite saying that, every minutes and hours passed, he starts to grow impatient and annoyed.

you groaned, standing up, dusting the back of your skirt as you skipped your way to the psychic, reaching your hand out for him to take. smiling, you spoke. "let's go home?"

kusuo looks down at your free hand, then back at your grinning face. he sighed, nodding as he walked out of the exit, completely leaving you on the edge.

awkwardly clasping your hands together, you nodded as you took your exit along with him. "this guy's so mean." you muttered, pulling the rooftop's door shut.

on your way home, kusuo can't help but notice your constant jaw moving. he can tell that something inside your mouth was bothering you, but who's he to meddle with it?

"do you have a cavity or something?" asked kusuo, even though just a second ago he convinced himself that he has no reason to meddle with you.

"i think so." you said, applying even more pressure on your fingertips in a way of proving that you're actually in pain. "this has been going on for two days, actually. it's difficult to eat."

"dentist?" he asked, even with one word, you already got what he was trying to say.

"oh, um..about that..i'm not..great with dentists.." you muttered, rubbing the back of your neck as you shifted your gaze left and right. "i had an awful encounter with them as a kid, so i don't..um.."

"you're scared of them?" kusuo asked, raising his brows in a light disbelief. you were already sixteen, and you still have fright towards dentists? it was quite childish, but understandable.

"you could say that," you said, a pout forming your lips. "i'm not going. i could probably just pull it out on my own."

"your gums will swell. it'll make it hard to repair if you ignore it." kusuo said, his gaze shifting to the small cafe that's lights lit up the sidewalk.

gripping on the strap of your bag, you aggressively shook your head sideways once again. "no way," you stated. "i'm a independent enough to pull it out on my own and independent enough to handle the pain!"

"...okay." kusuo said, knowing very well that whatever you said would only make you suffer more for the next few days.

well, there's not much he can do about it.

"thank you for walking me home." you said, like usual, opening the small gate of your home, pushing it open as you entered.

you turned your head around to kusuo who stood their, waiting for you to enter inside before he proceeds to make his way home. "good night, to you." you said, a smile curling up your lips, pulling the small gate close. "i love you."

"now, that's just childish." kusuo said. "good night."

you laughed, nodding at his side comment as you happily skipped your way back inside your house.

how can someone just spit out words so easily like that? was "i love you" a mundane word for you, now?

kusuo halts his tracks, shifting his feet as he turned his head back around to take a quick peek of you, only to witness you struggling to unlock your door.

come to think of it..your words were always sincere.

a week had passed, and unfortunately, like kusuo had said, your toothache had worsen. but being the dumb independent woman you are with high fucking pride, you still refused to go to the dentist.

"i scheduled an appointment with the dentist, for you."

lightly gasping in shock, you can feel your damaged tooth suddenly ache making you wince in pain and touch your cheek in attempt to lessen the aching. "what? cancel it! i don't need it! i'll rip this tooth out on my own!" you stated.

you can hear your infamous sister sigh through the line. "if you ignore it, it'll be more difficult to treat it. it's better to treat it as soon as possible than suffer more pain, no?" she said.

"i-i don't have anyone to go with.." you muttered, shifting your foot in different direction in a impatient and annoyed manner. "you know how i am with dentists."

"ask anyone who's available. you're persistent, you can do it." she said. "anyway, i need to go now. busy schedule. i'll see you-"

"bye." you cheerfully stated, pressing the end csll button before your sister could even finish her sentence.

"your persistent, you can do it." you mockingly repeated as you tucked your phone back inside your bag. you shifted your gaze to the exit of the main building to see kusuo walking out. "ah! saikii!!"

"damn." kusuo cursed. he really thought he finally got passed you and is finally able to walk home alone without you following him.

"i don't care if you say no, but you're the first person that came to thought." you said, pressing your hand on the back of kusuo's back. "are you free this saturday?"

"no." kusuo quickly replied.

you know, you have the brains. you observe a lot, since you tend to overthink things. you already have fifteen ways to make kusuo say yes and kusuo knows that one of them would make him say yes, or rather-make someone else say yes for him - mrs. saiki -.

"you're leaving me no choice?" you asked, tilting your head as you sneered at the sight of kusuo halting his steps just to turn around with a rather annoyed expression. "so, you're coming with me?"

kusuo took a deep breath, waving his hand dismissively.

"just don't cause trouble."

________

11/23/20 || RE-WRITE