• 01 •

613 words.

January 11;

The Day of the Twins.

Endeavor's ambitions to create the hero that could surpass All Might became radical. His actions had very harsh consequences on their mother, who tried to kill herself when the twins were still developing.

Their siblings were terrified. Still being very young, the Todoroki children were forced to look after their deteriorating mother. It was difficult, but they managed.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

When Rei went into labor, Enji forced his way into the delivery room. He demanded to be present when they were born in order to determine their powers, based on their looks.

From that day forward, Enji Todoroki vowed to train the both of them as one, training them to depend on each other as one Pro Hero. He would make them grow to be independent-together. Endeavor would do whatever it took to make them one.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

When the Twins were four years old, their quirks manifested during play time. It was when Shoto pointed at his sister that a spray of ice shot from his finger. His sister, amazed, got excited to tell their father, a burst of flames erupted from her head. They giggled to themselves, amazed by their newly manifested quirks.

They ran to their father, showing off with glee. Flames and ice shot in every direction. Soon the rest of the Todoroki family came in to celebrate. It was the only joyous moment Hono and Shoto shared with their father. The next ten years would have them ashamed of their father.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

When they were younger, they used to admire him as Number Two, but he was Number One to them. That was before they grew older, had more responsibilities, before they matured their quirks. As time wore on, their admiration faded into hatred. His obsession over them grew until they no longer wished to stay at home, but where would they go?

As his obsession grew, their mothers rage burned brighter than his flames. Hono resembled her father so much, she hated it. They looked so similar, but were very different. It wasn't enough to stop her though. When Hono was six years old, her mother poured hot, boiling water upon her face, as the reminder of her husband was too great. That was when Endeavor sent her to a psychiatric ward. Hono had never felt such betrayal and pain before, especially coming from someone as close as her mother.

It took some time getting used to, but the end of middle school, Hono was beginning to feel like her old self again. She was coming around to the few friends she had before, and of course, Shoto was always by her side. Their relationship never faltered.

This year, however, was the beginning of a new era they had yet to know; high school. Not just any school, U.A High. They'll be attending through recommendations, as their father is the Number Two Hero: Endeavor.

As the twins turned 14, their days at home were living hell. Their father was the devil incarnate when it came to practice. All they did was practice and spar with each other, which grew tiresome and stale rather quickly. They haven't landed a hit on each other in a long time, they've been so used to each other's moves and patterns. They didn't tire of each others presence though, it was like they knew what the other was thinking. Up until the days before the entrance exam, Endeavor , made the pair train harder, despite them not needed to take the exam. It was tough, but after the exam was over, Enji let them rest until the first day of school.

This is where their story truly begins.