• 12 •

1613

It's dark, and cold, and I'm alone. I don't remember much except leaving the house.. And the fight! Oh man.. Dad's gonna kill me if I'm not dead yet. AM I dead? Is this what death feels like? It's cold and uneasy, like I'm on a boat. Oh god, I'm dead aren't I? I wasn't supposed to die this early, please, bring me back! I'm sorry! I didn't get to tell Shoto I loved him again! Or make new friends! Or become a hero! Oh they're gonna think I was a coward..

What would dad think? His youngest daughter dying to a street rat? He'd disown me for another time if he could. Would he be glad his weakest child is gone, or would he actually care for me? Would he put together a funeral for the press or because he was actually upset?

What about mom..?

Would she even care? We've made up, but I think she'd be glad if Enji reincarnate was gone. Would she finally come home...?

There's so many things I want to say and do but.. I'd never get to now. My life was wasted.. Maybe it was better off that I was gone. Slipped away to be forgotten..

But I guess that isn't the case..

I felt a light coming in from my right, the warmth hitting my face and eyelids. I finally began to hear someone talking, or what sounded like it. It took a moment, but the throbbing, searing pain in my stomach caused me to gasp and cough.

"Chill out. You'll be fine, it's just a cut." Oh it's him alright.

"H-how did I get here..?" I couldn't open my eyes, the light was too much. I could tell he was sitting on my left.

"I carried you. I had to wait about an hour but if your dumbass hadn't been walking in my neighborhood you would've probably bled out." I couldn't bear the light so I turned my head towards him, then slowly opened my crusted eyes.

I rubbed them for a bit to clean the crust from my tears and blinked heavily to see clearly.

"Can you sh-shut the blinds please?" I whimpered out, too weak to move.

"Yeah, just give me a sec."

I heard him get out of his seat and shuffle over, then the sound of the blinds shutting filled my ears. Finally opening my eyes, I saw the white hospital room, and Bakugo standing at the end of my bed.

I felt cold and uneasy, and I looked down to be a hospital gown with the smallest amount of blood on my side. The pain had ebbed away and I started to feel my fingers and toes again.

"...Th-thank y-"

"Don't thank me. Just.. Think of it as a better apology. I'm really sorry that I hurt you, it wasn't my intention I just.. I don't know."

My half-lidded eyes scanned his features as he looked away from me. I furrowed my brows at his worried expression.

Why is he worried? No one usually is.. Except Shoto..

"Oh my god! My father's gonna kill me! I-i have to Agh-" I immediately sat up to leave the bed but the shooting pain up my stomach and chest, and his strong arms on my shoulders caused me to fall back onto the bed. I groaned and he shook his head.

"Idiot. You can't get up, you probably just reopened it. Let me see." He scooted his seat closer and waited for me to open the side but I froze. He flicked his eyes up at me.

"Well?"

"W-well what?"

"Are you gonna open it or not? I'm not dumb, I know how to check stitching."