• 30 •

1151

After All Might had led us back to the screening room, a chaos of sound erupted in my ears. A majority of the class was congratulating the hero team, then they sympathized with the villain team. Midoriya, though, had to be wheeled to the nurse's office.

"Oh my gosh, you guys were amazing!"

"That team work was awesome, Todoroki!"

"Ochako you were so brave out there!" 

A lot of my classmates were really congratulating Deku because of his fight with Bakugo.

Two people popped into my mind at the same time: Shoto and Bakugo. I wondered where Shoto went, and saw him speaking to All Might, before turning towards me and waving. I decided I could speak to him later and looked around for the other boy on my mind, but the giant screens on the wall made me pause.

I froze, watching replays of the events from earlier. I couldn't tell if my heart stopped or was beating at a million miles a minute, but as I continued to watch myself on screen, flames burst from my skin and hair. The sudden change in temperature caused my suit to immediately send out cold waves of air.

Others gasped at the sudden light or heat, and I could see Shoto making a beeline straight for me out of my peripheral vision. He couldn't get too close though and managed to spew snow at me from a few feet away. After he managed to cool me down a bit, he came closer and patted the few small flames that remained. Though the heat of my cheeks was internal warmth, and that wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

"What made you burst out? Seeing yourself on screen?" He questioned, and everyone seemed to go back to minding their own business. I could only nod at first.

"You were great out there, I'm proud of you." He patted my back softly and took a hold of my forearm,  pulling me away from my trance.

All Might called for the class to be divided, previous hero and villain team on one side, and the rest of the class on the other. He explained that the MVP would be Iida, and asked the class if anyone knew why.

"That is because Iida adapted the most to to the context of the training. From watching the match, it appears Bakugo acted on his own because of an obvious personal grudge. And as Mr. All Might said earlier, it is foolish to launch a large-scale attack indoors. In the same way, taking into consideration the damage he received, Midoriya's plan was also rash. As for Uraraka, she let her guard down mid-battle, and her final attack was too reckless. If they treated the paper-mache as a real weapon, then Todoroki would not have dangerously jumped onto it, especially because of the amount of heat she gives off, it could've exploded and killed everyone. Iida had prepared for his opponent's arrival, and assumed it would be a fight over the weapon, which made him late for responding in the final attack. The hero team only won because they took advantage of the fact that this was training. They were practically breaking the rules." Yaoyorozu's explanation had everyone dumbfounded and silent, even All Might himself.He tried to give Midoriya credit, but I pushed his voice away.

"E-everyone... c-could see.. me?" I managed to mumble to myself and put my head in my hands. The blood that rushed to my ears was so loud, yet I could hear All Might declare that it was time for a break to change locations and gather the next team. Shoto immediately headed for me after.

"They were cheering for you guys, I promise. If Aizawa-sensei were here I'm sure he'd be proud of you. Please don't beat yourself up over what Yaoyorozu said, though I know it's easier said than done." Shoto tried to soothe me further by rubbing my back, his cool hand helping my temperature finalize in stability. I could tell from his tone that he was concerned but not at the usual level.

The image of Aizawa praising me popped into my head and I couldn't help but give a small smile. I rubbed my eyes and removed my hands from my face, then I looked up to see a semi-blurry Shoto. He was smiling at me before he ruffled my red hair, but the embarrassment for being called out settled in the pit of my stomach.

All Might's voice was loud as he made his way over to us. I could only tell because Shoto looked off to the side. I rubbed my eyes again to clear my vision and turned to the side to see him coming over.

"Todoroki, Todoroki," he nodded at the both of us, then placed his hands on his hips, "you did wonderful out there, Hono! Your strength prevailed your anxiety today, and that's a huge improvement that I would call for a celebration!" His voice wasn't as loud as it normally was, and I silently thanked him for that. I didn't want anymore attention from the others at this point.

"Th-thank you, All M-might." I sheepishly leaned away a bit, clasping my hands together and twiddling my thumbs. He gave me a wink and a thumbs up.

"Have you seen young Bakugo? I was going to congratulate him on his battle." My brother and I shook our heads, even though I saw him walk off. I wanted the chance to talk to him without interruptions, but if Kirishima was still with him, then that would be a challenge. Especially after.. our kiss..

All Might thanked us and patted my head, then stomped towards the screens, probably to announce the next battle.

"I-i need to go talk to Bakugo.. Something was o-off about him," My eyebrows furrowed together as I recalled the moments he looked at me. I couldn't tell what I was feeling, but something in my stomach was churning.

Shoto let me go and I stood up, stretching first, before going off in the direction I last seen them. I took deep breaths to calm my shaky hands, and to keep the flames at bay, since some were already beginning to lick at my skin. How far could they have gone? It was only a few minutes since I last saw them. I don't know why, but my heart was beating quicker, but not as fast as it was when I first entered the room.

The boys didn't seem to go far, since I could hear arguing a little farther down. I was a few rooms over from the main area, but I didn't know if I should continue my path or just turn around. I really needed to talk to him, but I guess it could wait. I didn't want to interrupt their argument and be caught in the middle of something I didn't want to be in.

Taking another breath, I turned around, and headed back into the screening room.