• 24 •

1302

5:08 pm

I stood there in the bathroom, looking up to my brother's chocolate orbs.

"Eijirou kissed me," I breathed out. Mina had gently pushed my brother to the side and softly pushed my bangs out of my eyesight.

"He did what?"

I swallowed the frog in my throat and said it again, just a bit louder. I looked over Shoto's shoulder to see Denki holding the doorframe on both sides. I could hear loud voices in the other room, mostly Bakugo though.

"D-did I do something wrong again?" My vision started to blur as I glanced between the both of them.

"No, no! Hono, you did nothing wrong, please don't cry!" Mina frowned and looked up at my brother, then I did. He slid his hand to my jaw and gently rubbed my cheek with his thumb to clean up my tears.

"What happened..?" He asked warmly and seemed to desperately search for something.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

All of us sat in silence on Bakugo's bed without him or Kirishima there.

Kirishima had called a ride not too long after the bathroom incident, and Bakugo was probably cooling down or talking to his parents about something.

I was curled up in the corner by the wall, huddling a pillow and trying to not sob out loud. My brother was sitting next to me but facing the opposite wall, while Mina and Denki were at the end of the bed, whispering to each other.

Being curled up made the scar tissue on my stomach stand out, I could feel it. My damp finger rubbed on it through my t-shirt, the memory of the hospital flashing in my mind.

Right. If it wasn't for Bakugo, you probably wouldn't be here right now.

I wiped the tears away and rubbed them on my jeans in a spot that had grown to be darker from the wetness. A soft sigh escaped my pink lips. I didn't want them to see my cry- I hated crying in front of other people, it made me feel weaker than I already was.

It felt like forever, but was probably only 10 minutes, when Bakugo came back to his room, his head low.

I had looked up for the first time since I sat down, and got to see Bakugo pick up his clothes that littered the floor. He would snatch them up and grip onto them until his knuckles turned white or he threw them into the hamper near the closet.

I don't know what compelled me to get up, but seeing him thrash around jump-started my compassion.

I slid next to my brother, then got up. My legs were a little shaky from being curled up for so long but I managed to stand upright.

"We need to talk." I told him firmly, though the look in his eyes made my emotions do a double take. His eyes were narrowed and hard to read, but judging by the way he threw his clothes down, he was going to listen to me.

"Fine."

Taking a deep breath, I nodded at my brother, who was anxious for me, and stepped out of the room once again. My hands found their way to each other and started twiddling my thumbs around. The heat of my hands traveled to the pit of my stomach because I was so nervous to talk to him. 

True, our 'relationship', or friendship-whatever, was complicated, but I felt like I could trust the blonde hedgehog by now. He was angry like my father, yes, but I felt like his anger held something else to it.

I jumped slightly after feeling his hand on my arm. I turned to him and rubbed my face.

"First off, I'm s-sorry for today. I-i ruined everything three times today. Th-three times today! I th-think Shoto and I will j-just go home." My voice went soft towards the end of my sentence which made me cringe internally. I rubbed my face softly and looked downward at my feet.

"That's not why I'm upset. You're fine, idiot, you didn't upset me, Kirishima did." He huffed. I looked up at him.

"W-why? It's my fault, isn't it?" I whispered to him and took a deep breath, ready for the truth.

"What? No, you idiot, I just said it wasn't!" He barked at me and took a step closer, making me whimper softly.

"Sorry, I'm not used to being around such a crybaby. Oh wait, Deku won't leave me alone," he raised an eyebrow at me and sneered slightly.

"W-why are you s-so mean to others, and then y-you're nice to me? I-i don't understand." I folded my arms across my stomach and glanced up at him every few moments.

"Hate to break it to ya but even I don't know. But hey, if you wanna be clueless then be my guest, nerd." He smirked down at me and lightly flicked at the snow-colored sliver of hair that covered my forehead. I batted his hand away and he snickered.

"See, you're feisty, you just don't know it yet."

"I have no idea what that means."

"Good."

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

6:35 pm

Fuyumi had picked us up a bit early because dad was finally aware of where we were. He wasn't 'comfortable' with us being in a home he didn't know or didn't know the parents of. Though I specifically remember giving out Bakugo's mother's number, and my father rejecting it. Hm. Strange.

My sister gave us a twenty minute heads up as she had to go pick up something from the store. Shoto had to change out of Bakugo's clothes anyway, at least he had time.

Mina and I hugged our goodbye's, and Denki threw his arm around my shoulder and told me to watch out for Bakugo, whatever that meant. The blonde boy in question snickered and nodded at us, "Finally these idiots are leaving." I only rolled my eyes at him but I couldn't help but smile.

Anyway, I had sat up front with my sister to ask her some questions about boys, but I got cold feet.

"Hey, is she alright? What happened over there?" My sister spoke up after a few minutes of silence. She glanced at me from time to time, a worried expression appeared on her face. I guess my emotions were phasing onto my face.

"I'm fine.. A lot of weird shit happened though and I'm confused," I admitted sheepishly and turned away from the window. I sighed heavily and brought my hands to my lap.

"Should we go get something to eat so we can talk about it?" She hummed softly and looked into the mirror at our brother.

"Yes, please, I'm hungry." I gave her a small smile, and I could see my brother nod his head from my peripheral.

Afterwards, my sister turned on the radio and silently drove on to find us some food for dinner.

"Shoto, when you were showing Bakugo to the door when I came home from the hospital, did you say anything to him?" I turned to look at my brother in the backseat, the deformed tissue on my stomach twisting with it. I've got to get used to it, it'll be there for the rest of my life.

"I told him I was thankful that he brought you back, but other than that, no, why?" He curiously tilted his head at me.

"I was just wondering. By the way, Fuyumi, what were boys like to you in school?" I pursed my lips as I awaited my answer, unsure if I should've worded it that way.

"What do you mean?"

"She means were they like Bakugo-"

"NO! No I do not!" My cheeks burned brightly, the red strips of my bangs catching fire in the car.

"See? She likes him, I can tell."