• 20 •

1000.

I woke up the next day feeling a bit more tired than usual, but that was to be expected during late night conversations. I felt a bit groggy as well and gasped quietly when I saw I was asleep until 11:47. Dad gets upset if we sleep in late, but since I was waking for the first time, it seems like he didn't notice.

I decided not to walk onto thin ice and slipped out of bed for my late-morning shower and remade my bed before I left. I hoped he wasn't home but lately there hasn't been much crime around the city, so I doubt he was off on patrol or something. Maybe he was doing paperwork in his office or something. 

I hurriedly stepped into the bathroom and did my thing, which didn't take too long, thankfully.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

I wrapped my towel around my body and clutched it close as I ran to my room to make sure I wasn't seen. I dressed myself in some clean clothes after dropping my towel, and brushed out my wet red hair when I heard my phone go off.

I took a moment to brush as much water out of my hair as I could and dry my hands off before I picked my phone up and responded. It was Kirishima.

My cheeks heated up, I sat down, and took a breath

My cheeks heated up, I sat down, and took a breath. He's such a gentleman.. Why couldn't he save me? His red hair is like mine-

I shook my head to rid myself of those weird thoughts, and remembered what Mina had said about a crush. Comparing my feelings about another boy I've barely known for that long, it wasn't the same as Bakugos', which albeit, were pretty strong. Just not in that sense. He was one of the few friends I had, and I owe him my life, practically.

Anyway, I set my phone down and left my room to talk to my brother. I was nervous to go out again, but if they were coming along then I didn't really have anything to fear except the judging gaze of others, and their overwhelming thoughts about me. Ya know, like a typical day for me. 

I heard him respond to my knock so I stepped in, the cold air sending shivers down my spine, though it was refreshing. It's the reason I'm always in his room.

"Did you get a text too?" I waved my phone and plopped down onto his bed before opening it again and trying to think of a reply.

"Yeah, by Bakugo. What do you feel like doing today?" He texted my brother but not me? Weird..

"I dunno. I honestly had fun just hanging around but I doubt they want to do it again. Maybe we could go out to the markets or something? I don't know what other people do for fun.." I murmured softly and sighed.

My brothers fingers typed away at his keyboard then looked over at me. He was about to say something when the explosive boy, presumably, replied.

"They said they wouldn't mind, but they checked with Denki, Sero, and Ashido and he said they were gonna be busy for a while." I nodded and my own fingers flew across my keyboard.

I raised an eyebrow but decided not to say anything except a 'No problem'

I raised an eyebrow but decided not to say anything except a 'No problem'. I informed my brother, who nodded and took a deep breath. He set his phone down and left his room.

It was always a challenge to ask dad to do things, but he more-than-likely would say yes to our plans just to get us out of the house. He wants us to be social to up his image but he never says so, just how implies his agreements.

My stomach churned for my brother as I waited on his bed. I knew he'd be back pretty quickly but my dad always gave me chills whenever I was in his presence. I rubbed the sweat off my hands and took a deep breath of my own, wondering what Enji will think of us going out again. 

Last night, he barely acknowledged our request, simply waving a hand at us and muttering to himself. We got out of there quick to head out before he could protest our interpretation of his response.

I was pulled from my thoughts when my brother entered the room, an odd expression I only see him don when he comes back from a visit with out father. He released a breath he'd been holding and nodded, a small smile forming onto his lips.

"Can you ask Kirishima what time they want to hang out? You took a shower already and I haven't yet. I'll be out soon and we can be ready in no time." He flipped his pale bangs out of his face and rummaged through his drawer for fresh clothes. I nodded and reopened my messages to the fellow red-haired boy.

I decided to leave Shoto's room and head back to mine when a ding from my phone alerted me of his response. It only took a few minutes to establish a time to head over to the blonde boy's house and meet up for a while. We discussed we could be there in an hour and he let me know it was okay with Bakugo.

I heard the bathroom door close and lock before I could sit on my bed and relax for a minute. I figured I could lay in bed for a while before I had to get up and get ready to be with the boys. I'm positive Shoto won't take long in the shower, so he'd be ready whenever I would.

I texted Bakugo myself that I couldn't wait to hang out again, but he left me on read. Weird.