• 09 •

2157 words

Shoto and I were sitting next to each other when the bell rang. It caused the other students to take their place and hush up. A quiet classroom was always my favorite.

Aizawa-sensei came slugging into the room with his sleeping bag, which caused me to giggle. He was a strange teacher, but I'm glad to have him. He cared more than the others did anyway.

"So today isn't gonna be much of a work day. You'll be coming up with hero names and suits though." I smiled and turned to Shoto, who had the smallest grin.

"I want to show you what I came up with," I pulled the page I had saved from my folder, "It's only a bust, but they regulate our temperatures, so I don't burn it and you don't freeze it! And I plan to have pouches that carry antibiotics and other medical equipment. I think if we're matching, it'd be perfect!" I whispered to my brother as the teacher spoke, explaining that he'd be passing whiteboards and other materials.

"I came up with some names already, if that's okay with you." He whispered back, staring straight ahead.

I nodded and sat back up, paying attention to Aizawa once more.  Tenya volunteered to pass things out and Aizawa let him. 

"I was thinking we could be 'Wildfire and Cryofrost', of course to our elements. If you don't like it we don't have to." He shrugged and turned to me, a small smile on his face.

"No, I think it sounds great! I just hope you'd like my costume design," I slid him the paper and grinned, excited to be able to use the names and costumes in the future.

"Looks good. I like them." We nodded to each other in agreement before taking the boards and saying our thanks.

"Write down your hero names when you're ready, I'll give you a few minutes to think about it. I'm sure you all have been thinking about yours for a long time." I wrote down Wildfire in my best handwriting, that I could do with a dry erase marker. I glanced over to see my brother write his.

Momo came over to us and smiled. 

"You two already came up with names? That was quick." 

"Well he's been thinking about them for a while." I elbowed my brother in his bicep, a grin on my face.  We simultaneously flipped our boards so she could read them nicely.

"Wildfire? Cryofrost? I think it suits you guys really well," She smiled brightly and folded her hands together.

"Thank you. What's yours?" Shoto looked up at her, and I glanced at him long enough to see a hint of admiration. Uh oh. 

"I think Creati fits well, don't you?" 

"Yeah, that sounds cute." I pushed my bangs back and hummed lightly.

Shoto stood up and leaned near Momo's ear and whispered.

Why is he whispering? That's weird.. I'll just ask him later then. I shrugged to myself and stood up, heading over to Uraraka and Deku. I looked all around except at Bakugo, which was hard to ignore since he was burning holes into me with his eyes.

Walking up to them, I smiled as a greeting, "Hey guys. Have you thought of any hero names yet?" 

Iida stood up and flailed an arm, "I will simply be Tenya!"

"I chose Uravity! It's a mix between Uraraka and Gravity." She grinned and the pink on her cheeks seemed to glow.

Midoryia kept glancing away, stuttering quietly, "I uh, chose D-deku. Uraraka helped me see a brighter meaning." He glanced at her and held a nervous smile. He rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled.